Hunted Hunters
[html]

Was this some kind of trick? Was there some clever scheme up her sleeve? Orin wondered to herself while the voice echoed through the trees behind her, and then out of the corner of her eye she saw the wooden arch land with a soft thunk in the snow. So she gave up the weapon that Orin knew she had, maybe she was carrying something else? But where? she thought as she tried to remember the image of the woman. Had there been any place to conceal another weapon?

Orin sucked in a deep breath, mustering her courage, and then stepped out from her hiding place, swinging around as she did so and drawing her bow, peering down the sightline. In her vision, just above the tip of the arrow, she could see Eclipse’s collarbone. Too slim a target to aim for with your skill, she reminded herself, and adjusted to point the arrow at the width of her chest.

“Hands where I can see them!” She demanded, not trusting the girl’s arms so close to her body; she could be obscuring anything. “These are haunted woods, unsafe for strangers and friends alike. What’s your name? Do you answer to Rhiannon? The truth now, I can smell a lie a mile away.” Her eyes narrowed, a fierce expression on the sleek wolfess’s visage. Of course, in actuality, Orin’s nose was as blind as a newborn’s eyes, but this trespasser didn’t have to know that. Survival was all about having the biggest, most intimidating bark.

<style type="text/css">
.character-ggho001s b {font-weight:bold; color:#b2ddff; letter-spacing:1px;}
.character-ggho001s .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.character-ggho001s p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color:#6c8665}
.character-ggho001s {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#030303; background-image:url(http://i46.tinypic.com/29zvhmr.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 239px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread