Hunted Hunters
[html]

“I’ll be okay once we’re back in my pack’s territory.” Her liquid amber eyes glanced around cautiously as she helped Eclipse to her feet, only taking her by the arm that wasn’t injured. “Yes, something has,” she said, her voice a hushed whisper as she peered at nothing but space between the trees. “I fear these woods are no longer a safe haven. The only safe place is within d’Arte itself…” Even as she spoke it something about her voice hinted to the fact that she didn’t truly feel safe within d’Arte, either.

“We should get out of here quickly, if we want to live,” she urged Eclipse forward, and retrieved the bow from her shoulder. Taking another arrow, she set it into place but this time walked with the arrowhead pointed at the ground instead of Eclipse. “Once we’re there we can get inside, clean up, and I’ll find someone…” She was repeating herself.

Leading the way through the forest towards d’Arte, she only let a short silence hang in the air before speaking low to Eclipse. The forest was silent but it could have been their very own presence that caused the silent fauna rather than that of a lurking demon. “Not long ago someone was killed in d’Arte. A pup. I suspect that killer is out here now, just waiting for his chance to strike again.”

With that some spook in the woods made a sound and Orin’s arrow was unleashed. It whistled through the air and eventually lodged with a thunk in the bark of a great oak. When her nerves settled she saw that there was nothing there, and nothing had scattered either. She picked up the pace, her foot-paws crunching quickly in the snow.

“You have heard nothing of the murder?” she asked; rare was it that she acknowledged that her world was vastly disparate from others’. “The word should have gone around. The packs should know if there is a murderer roving the land.”

It wasn’t long before they approached the borders of Cercatori d’Arte. “Through these woods, just a little way in, there is a town. There we can get you some help.” But as they pressed on, not only did they grow closer to finding help, but they grew closer to revealing that Orin had shot Eclipse.

“You shot me, too, by the way!” She wasn’t angry, more matter of fact, speaking out mid thought as though Eclipse had heard her silent considerations. She raised her hand to brush at the wound on her arm, the blood already crusting in the fur. She was already having trouble making her pack see, this was only going to make things worse. She gave Eclipse a sidelong glance that, for one accidental moment, looked none too friendly.

<style type="text/css">
.character-ggho001s b {font-weight:bold; color:#b2ddff; letter-spacing:1px;}
.character-ggho001s .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.character-ggho001s p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color:#6c8665}
.character-ggho001s {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#030303; background-image:url(http://i46.tinypic.com/29zvhmr.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 239px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread