Hunted Hunters
[html]

Word Count » 389 :: Out of character text here.

The woman was paranoid but Eclipse couldn’t tell if it was for good or ill, but she was jumpy and she could tell. Eclipse let the woman help her along as they headed towards the territory Orin called home.She listened as Orin spoke of a pup killer and Eclipse grew fearful. A pup of all things had been killed. Yes she had heard murder of elders but puppies? She swallowed hard and the woman. Eclipse stopped suddenly when Orin stopped and shot her arrow, and her heart flew to her chest as though expecting to see something, she had her bow in hand and an arrow knocked but had not shot. She didn’t see anything, only heard something and her well trained eyes scanned the area, not seeing anything. Not wanting to waste her arrows she loosened her grip and let the string slack.

“How long ago did it happen? Word may not have come to Ichika, and I have just come back myself from the south lands. So I have not heard much word of anything myself.”

She said fearing the woman just as much as she had when the arrow was pointed at her. Fear was something to be afraid of especially when it seemed one was this fearful. She could turn on her at any second. She wasn’t sure if she was grateful to know they were closing in on the borders or not, knowing there had been a murder, and it seemed Orin didn’t even feel all that safe even in her home, her supposed sanctuary. Eclipse nodded wordless as Orin spoke of a town that had someone who could patch her up in and continued to follow. She blinked when the woman spoke to her saying she had shot Orin as well, and her look scared Orin. Eclipse swallowed knowing she was at the mercy of the other woman.

“I did it to protect myself. I’m sorry, I wouldn’t have if... if I hadn’t been attacked. I will make it up to you I swear.”

The girl said not knowing what else she should have said, the woman’s words rang through Eclipse’s ears and she was frightened now, not sure she should continue further with Orin and hope to still come back out alive.

<style>
.free-a41 .ooc {font-style:italic;}
.free-a41 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.free-a41 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.free-a41 b {color:#6f6868; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.free-a41 {font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7a364d; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:470px;}
.free-a41 .inner{background-color:#cfcfcf; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts/free-a41.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:0px solid #fff; width:470px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Anna
[/html]

Messages In This Thread