Everyone I know
[html]
Nathaniel Guffawlins
My heart is numb, has no feeling. So while I'm still healing
Just try and have a little patience.
Word Count :: 587 Feel free to PP anything you need to - him coming up on the horse or riding back with him if needed Smile

His extremities had only become so cold once before in his lifetime. He shifted from foot to foot to try and rid himself of the pins and needles that were attacking him. If he stopped moving and let the pins and needles go away, a deep numbness would be the only thing that he would experience. That wasn't good, he knew from experience. The last time that he'd allowed himself to grow so cold he had spent the better part of an hour in pain, nearly calling out due to the sharp, intense stabs of pain that had gone through his feet and fingers. Before that day, he had never known what kind of an effect cold could have on him.

He was dismayed that his slab of wood hadn't been found. He'd have to come back another day and look for it when no one else was about. Nathaniel snatched his hat up quickly from the hand of the other, putting it back on top of his head. He wasn't too surprised to find that the other canine, who introduced himself as Helotes, was a Hydra. He looked the warrior type to Nathaniel. His own form was slight and thin, not fit for duties such as that. "Nathaniel King. I've grown up in the Tirones Minor rank..but am a simple Tirones now, Sir." He ducked his head slightly, staring at the ground. He didn't want to show any disrespect to one of the warriors of the clan.

"I hope to move into a scout position, eventually" He admitted. He'd had his eye on a scout position since the ranks had been explained to him as a pup. His night-time habits were part of his reasoning behind it...he could watch the clan's border for threats and fulfill his own agenda as well, if things went like he wanted. He'd become lost in thought for a moment, but snapped out of it at the words of the Hydra. "I.. He tried to think of a suitable answer. "I was trying to hone my scouting skills. And..I guess I was trying to map the sky, as well. One can tell their position on the earth and direction based on the position of the stars above." He tried to explain.

Nathaniel had begun to shake over the last few minutes, now that he was back out into the cold air. While in the hole, he had melted a little of the snow that had been packed directly around him. Now that water was freezing, turning the ends of his fur into mini icicles. "Yes, thank you." He said at the offer of a ride back to the mansion. He had no idea how to get up onto the horse though, never having ridden one in the past, and looked up at Helotes apprehensively. "Can the beast carry two, Sir? I live in the caves..but they're rather cold. Is there heat in the mansion?"

Image courtesy of F3rd4

<style>
.SS15141211_JTreeNat .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.SS15141211_JTreeNat p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.SS15141211_JTreeNat b {font-family:verdana; color:#000000; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.SS15141211_JTreeNat {background-color:#cac9b2; font-family:tahoma; font-size:11px; color:#1b1d1b; line-height:12px; width:90%; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/9020/jamesnan.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 250px 0px; border:2px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px;}
.SS15141211_JTreeNat .name {text-align:center; font-family:fantasy; color:#141414; font-size:60px; text-shadow:#858585 1px 1px 1px; padding:10px 0px 10px 0px; line-height:5px;}
.SS15141211_JTreeNat .lyrics {text-align:center; font-family:braggadocio; color:#383b3f; font-size:22px; text-shadow:#858585 1px 1px 1px; padding:25px 0px 0px 0px; line-height:12px;}
.SS15141211_JTreeNat .ooc {text-align:center; font-family:cursive; color:#4e5255; font-size:10px; padding:5px 0px 0px 0px; line-height:5px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread