Sun and moon
WC: 458

IC: She might not love him but she was extremely fond of Imhotep. She supposed that with a little more time she would grow to love him. But that would take a bit of time. She was not that concerned however with that. Fatin appreciated that he allowed her to keep much of what she brought but he did have her wear Egyptian clothes, which she considered a fair trade. Plus, the clothes were not uncomfortable. All in all, she was very happy to be here and to be the queen.

He still had other women but she was not too upset with that fact. She was raised in a place where her father had many wives. But she was happy that he didn’t spend much time with them, or at least not as much as he did with her. Yet she was rather curious as to where he bedded them if not in their room. Probably in the concubines’ rooms.

He spoke to everyone about holding a feast in her honor and then turned to her with a smile. He was happy that she chose to stay. ”I didn’t have much choice in the matter but I’m glad as well.” She had a soft smile on her face as she said this and it grew at the show of affection he had for her. He wasn’t afraid to show gestures of affection in front of others.

He then told everyone to get ready by sundown and then turned to tell her to get ready. He did tell her that she would get ready alone and to let him know if Isis gave her any trouble. ”Of course, my pharaoh.” She then headed towards their rooms to get ready, with the servants behind her to help her. A couple went ahead to prepare a bath for her and she was excited to be pampered. She usually got mostly ready by herself but she did enjoy the times when the servants helped her get ready.

She settled into the scented water and considered her life. She had been there a month and had yet to get pregnant, not that she was in a hurry. But she did long for a child and knew that Imhotep wanted a son. She settled back to relax and Isis came and helped her wash herself. Isis was one of the few people that wasn’t excited for her to be there but had yet to be mean or anything. After a bit she got out and was dried and helped to dress. It took her most of the afternoon and most of her servants left. All that was left was to wait for Imhotep to come and get her or send someone to get her.

Messages In This Thread