In this cold I can see my breath.
[html]

OOC.

As terrible as the things she was telling him was, Orin seemed to be relaying them bravely. Zalen was at awe of this woman, her past had been darker than his own by tenfold, but she did not show it. Despite her blue mood now, she seemed to be a well-adjusted and happy wolfess overall. It was a pity that not all could take after her, for Zalen knew of many wolves who let the darkness in their past control them, turning them into creatures that no longer appreciated the light.

Orin then told him the Lucifer would be of no threat, for he had been killed. Zalen let for a short sigh, relieved. Though it was sad that any creature must die, in this case Zalen felt no remorse. He shook his head when Orin said she felt guilty for feeling happy over the vile man’s death, but he said nothing. He was not one to judge how other’s coped with difficult things, and her method seemed to be working just fine for her. Suddenly then, out of the blue, she asked him if he believed in ghosts.

Zalen’s ears flicked as if he were trying to be rid of some annoying gnat; what would she think of him when he told her his beliefs on the subject? He assumed she had asked because of Lucifer, perhaps she was afraid he would come back as a dark spirit to haunt her and continue to hurt her even in the afterlife. Zalen did not know anything of evil spirits, only good, and even now could feel the presence of his great-grandmother hovering about him like an aura. Ever since New Dawn had been established, he could feel her presence as only a subtle thing, sometimes like a buzz in the air. Sometimes even, he felt her absent, instead she clung to Titania, for some reason taking and interest in his new mate. The presence of Ruby no longer bothered him as it once did, and now he appreciated her protection, whatever it may be.

My great-grandmother, Ruby, was once an Alphess in the old burnt lands. She came to me one day, in a display of fire that did not burn, to tell me of my heritage, which my mother had kept from me. He frowned at this, still bitter over the fact that his mother was a liar and a coward, So, as you can see, I believe in ghosts. I could not deny it, as she as has come to be in visual form twice now. He looked at Orin, to gauge her reaction. For now he would keep quiet on the fact that she had appeared before Titania as well.

<style>
.zero-zalen p {padding:0px 10px 5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.zero-zalen b {color:#79B5AC; font-family: 'palatino linotype', serif; font-size:12px;}
.zero-zalen p b:before {content: open-quote;}
.zero-zalen p b:after {content: close-quote;}
.zero-zalen {font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#A1BBCE; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; background-color:#294960; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/QSKhM.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 190px 0px; border:none; width:500px; border-radius:25px; -moz-border-radius:25px; -webkit-border-radius:25px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread