Let it last, let it burn
The woman sparked with anger, and the hidden dagger came flashing out, the point aimed unwaveringly at the stranger in the armor. Her snarls were unwelcome, and Willow went on the defensive, keeping the blade between the two of them, her hackles raising. Kin to rot and scum? What had her mother done while she had been gone? The answer came quickly on the heels of the thought.

Willow lowered the dagger's point just barely, her hackles smoothing slightly. Her eyes still glittered angrily, but this Orin seemed to have some feud with her half brother as well. "We share a mother, and that is all. I prefer to use the name my mother gifted me with, my fathers surname. My father is Haku Soul, a former leader of the apparently now defunct Dahlia pack. And I have no interest in this pack, Orin. My loyalties still lay with my alpha, Odadio, no matter the distance." She stressed the female's name to remind her that there was no need for blood to be shed. It seemed the two women had something in common, after all. She held up the dagger she had held concealed in her hand, then slid it into her pack, letting the other woman see it. Of course, she didn't need the dagger to kill, her claws and fangs were just as deadly, if not more so.

Blue eyes had changed again, morphing into a more thoughtful look. "Once I held love in my heart for the older brother who hadn't abandoned mother and I. But he was part of Catalyst, a pack in south-west Michigan, a mate to a... friend of mine, Kira Rheams. They had a litter together. And that bastard, Taliesin, murdered his own daughter, Liadain. Snapped her neck even while her eyes were just opening. Can you imagine the first and only thing that child saw was her father killing her?" A barely controlled fury had filled her voice as she spoke about the half sibling. "He took the runt and her brother, Liam, and ran. Kira was devastated. She and I became lovers afterwards." Well, Kira and Soul. Willow disdained everything to do with sexual relations, though she was not going to be quick to disclose that little tidbit.

Little did she know that the truth was actually what both Liam and Taliesin had spoken of, that it truly had been Azza, Kira's older son, who had murdered the little pup. If she had known, maybe things would have been different, maybe she wouldn't have been adding fuel to Orin's fire.

((WC:429))

Messages In This Thread