Let it last, let it burn
Orin spoke softly, as if to herself and Willow's ears perked forward to catch the words. Her ears laid back, then came forward again, unsure of how to handle the words that Orin was murmuring and muttering. Talieisn's father was a rapist? Okay, she could see that, after all, Lucifer had taken delight in locking her inside the cottage and keeping her out of sight. To him, she had been an ugly reminder of why Deuce and his mate-ship had fallen apart. But little Liam was a puppy murderer? Had he killed Brighid?

Orin began speaking about her facing the pack and announcing these things, denouncing the older brother she had once adored. But perhaps this was why Rhiannon had led her back, led her here to Souls again. To prevent Lucifer's seed from destroying any more innocent lives. She dropped her eyes, her emotions warring with her heart. She knew it was right to do what Orin asked, but could she do that to the older brother who had once been so kind and caring But then, he and Noah had abandoned her.

"You'll only destroy more lives, doing this Willow." "Shut up, Soul." "Tell her if she fucks us, we'll do it." The voice of Soul, the sultry murmur was filled with her husky laughter. Willow lifted her gaze to the woman, her blue eyes seeming to glitter green for a brief second. "Keep an eye on him, Orin. Don't let him near any puppies or young wolves. I will be back in a moon's time."

Little did she know her half brother was expecting his second litter of pups, due at the end of January. If she'd known that, perhaps she would feel differently. "I'm not ready to face him yet. He abandoned me, he promised mother he would take care of me, and then he and Noah abandoned me. He murdered a helpless pup, raised another to be a murderer I guess. It's... it's a lot to take in at once."

((WC: 355))

Messages In This Thread