Let it last, let it burn
She listened to Orin's impassioned words, a hand floating to her mouth to cover her dismay. Taliesin was expecting with his mate, a mate who had taken his name and stayed with him despite the sins of his son, her nephew. She stared at Orin, the horror and dismay she felt reading clearly in her eyes. If she walked away, the lives of innocent puppies, her nieces and nephews, would be at stake. if she stayed?

She shook her head slowly. "I will return sooner then, but I'm not ready, I can't face him yet, I can't deal with this yet. I just left a pack that took care of me, that held me in high esteem. If I come barging in and proclaiming Taliesin's crimes, what fate would lie before me? let me think, let me make up my mind. I mean, I know what is right, to assist you in exposing him is right, but..."

"But he's my brother, the big brother who taught me to hunt, that taught me to read, that kept me away from Lucifer's hatred and wrath." She didn't speak that, but the way she stroked the raven feather in her mane revealed her uneasiness. "Let me digest this, and I will come back. Not in a moons time, but in a few days. I won't be far from here, not really. I just need to think. I knew he was evil, but... I wasn't expecting to ever see him again!"

Her last words held a note of a whine. "Stupid child." "I'm not a child, I just..." "You are an assassin, not a breeder, why are you acting so... ick." "He was my brother." "He killed Kira's daughter." "I know" "Then turn him in. Or kill him yourself, stupid." I didn't come here for that, I came to escape- " "Me? You're more of a fool than I even thought you were."

She internally winced. "Just a few days, Orin. I will come back and I will help you." She hoped the woman would understand.

((WC: 342))

Messages In This Thread