Let it last, let it burn
The woman was courageous, and something in her voice proved to Orin that she could trust her. Willow would do everything in her power to return to Orin and see that the true story of Taliesin was told. Orin didn’t know how she could sit on this information in the mean time, but the glimmer of hope that it promised perhaps would stitch the wound long enough for her to remain silent and patient. This delicate matter would take the last of her patience, but in the end alas Taliesin would finally see justice served. Perhaps d’Arte would even see it fit to hunt down that murderer, Liam, and tear him to pieces like the worthless dog that he was.

“Thank you, Willow,” she said, her words dripping with genuine gratitude. “Thank you, you don’t know what this means to me. I’m forever in your debt.” She bowed her head formally, in thanks of Willow’s promise.

An ear twitched when she swore by the light of Rhiannon. That name, it was the name Taliesin had adopted and now soiled. He was smearing filth on the title of Rhiannon. When Willow spoke it, though the name at first conjured images of the white savage, she soon knew that it was not Taliesin but the deity that they believed in upon which Willow swore her oath. There was still light in Rhiannon yet, and it was not about to give in to the evil that tried to destroy the name. The light shone through Willow, and for a moment Orin could see heavenly rays twist through the trees behind Willow as if the angels were dancing there.

She managed to pull her eyes and her thoughts away from the tree line long enough to focus on Willow again. “Alright, but please be careful. There’s a murderer in these woods, and if they find out that you are here to speak out against them surely they will come for you. I will create a diversion in the mean time… I’ll try to keep the focus on myself. I will distract Taliesin and hopefully he won’t be able to get any commands to his son until your return.”

“If anything should go wrong while your within earshot of our borders, just call for me and I will be there as swift as light.” With that she bowed low, ever thankful for the woman’s pledge to make their future safer. She would let her take leave without pressing her further about it, trusting that in a few days’ time she would surely return.

((wc 428))

Messages In This Thread