fixed upon the ground
[html]

Spree Threading Activated! <33

Having grown up around neither of his parents, and an aunt that was surprisingly more absent than Saul originally thought, it wasn't really a shock that he knew nothing of the conflict of the Stormbringers and Dawnrunners or anything. He'd never been to the Stormbringer stronghold, he had no idea where it even was. Shiloh had told him that this was where their father had taken her and Ascher when they were still puppies, but Saul himself had never seen it. His knowledge of his family history was shockingly absent and as he walked across the ice, the black and brow female who was actually a relative to him on his arm was hopefully going to tell him something of his history. He didn't know how much she knew, but she knew of her own mother at least and that would be more than he'd originally known, even if he had no clue of how she truly related to him.

Cinnamon-backed ears flashed forward as she began to speak, admitting that she knew less than she let on. Of course, Saul allowed a smile and a soft chuckle to escape him- he was never one to think bad on anyone and any information she could give him was more than he had to start with. His ears flashed back once as he heard her fathers name- while it wasn't commonly known around Dahlia, Saul as a young boy had heard it once or twice and knew that Haku was Conor's father. He snorted softly when she admitted that she'd never met him, before adding. "Ah, well on my side of the family, I never met my mother. My father stuck around long enough to make sure we got to our Aunt Bris, and then I haven't seen him since I was about about three months old. I don't remember much of him..." He interjected, a soft shake of his head given as Lilin continued.

She told him that Eclipse had revealed who her parents were and Saul felt a soft stab at his heart. The two of them were so alike in circumstance, but they dealt with it very differently. "I recognise the name Haku... That was Conor's father. That would make you Eclipse's Step-Aunt... in a convoluted way." He chuckled, his mind twisting as he tried to fit all these names and relations into some form of order. She added another little strand, telling him that her grandfather Crow had a sister named Ravyn, and perhaps she had her own branch of the family. This was so complicated. It was Lilin's turn to ask questions then and Saul dipped his head softly. "My mother was Abigail Dawnrunner and my father was Dreyrugr Stormbringer. My mother is dead- she was murdered by her own mother Zia coming over the Halycon Mountains with my siblings and I. My father left us in Dahlia de Mai and I haven't seen him since."

He refrained from pouring any more family drama on her- about Conor and Bris and their daughter who was more a daughter of his own and Melee and Range and everything in between. It was just too complicated to explain out on the ice. He looked up and found their instructor signalling for them to stop. Saul came to a natural stop and turned his head towards their instructor as he explained about how to drill through the ice. Glancing towards Lilin, he flashed her a smile before extracting her arm from his and rolling his shoulders. "Ready for this?" He asked, a cheeky smile on his lips.

598 words

<style>
.saul-q32 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.saul-q32 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saul-q32 b {color:#2A2E1A; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.saul-q32 {background-color:#CFDF97; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... s/saul.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#737F4B; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:215px 0px 10px 0px; }
.saul-q32-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread