fixed upon the ground
[html]

22nd January 2012 . 1.45pm . Lakeside . Optime Form

He'd started the day yesterday bright and early, before he'd taken a wander through the market place and happened upon Amy. She was a brusque, blunt woman, but Saul found that he quite liked her. He perhaps wouldn't invite her home to Ichika, but there was a certain charm about her that he found appealed to him. Perhaps it was the fact that she was more than happy to haggle with him about the items they'd traded, including another horse that Saul perhaps didn't need. But he'd seen the stallion and had fallen in love. It had taken a lot to get the horse from the trading woman, but he felt he'd earned him. He had no name yet, but Saul was happy to give the horse a home. He didn't want to think too hard about it just yet- he was still trying to enjoy the festival that was beginning to take off. He'd learnt about the activities packs were putting on and he was determined to try anything and everything thrown his way. It was too good an opportunity to pass up and the young agouti male was interested in everything this festival had to give.

He'd woken this morning much the same as last, early and with tired eyes. But the swim in the near frozen lake had done him good and Saul had managed to gain some control of his cognitive functions on the run towards the shoreline this time. He'd come close to Halifax and he'd entered to search for a few more things he might trade. He found he quite like the bargaining process that had ensured between him and Amy the previous day. He couldn't help but thinking of the gain for him as well- he'd gained a good few herbs and oils that Amy had had yesterday, but there were still a few things he knew he'd like to get. The festival would be hear for a good month and Saul didn't know how long he had here.

He'd decided today that he would check out the Crimson Dreams activity of ice fishing. He'd seen the frozen parts of the lake from afar and he'd wondered how much longer they would hold. It would be better for him to get it out of the way first. Gideon had taught him the basics of fishing, but he assumed Ice Fishing, as it had been announced, was completely different. He approached the ten, green eyes catching sight of a brown and black female hanging around outside. He smiled softly, approaching as a booming voice caught his attention. "Ice fishing! Learn how to break through the ice and get to the wonders beneath. Follow me!" The male called and Saul walked forward in time to stop the female from leaving. "Would you like to go?" He asked, green eyes hopeful that he might have a companion to come with him.

485 words

<style>
.saul-q32 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.saul-q32 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saul-q32 b {color:#2A2E1A; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.saul-q32 {background-color:#CFDF97; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... s/saul.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#737F4B; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:215px 0px 10px 0px; }
.saul-q32-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

-- feel free to PP them getting there if needed :3

Word Count → 525

As much as she hated to admit it, Lilin had more than enjoyed the pack-hosted activities thus far. This was her third day attending in a row and the first without her immediate circle of friends. Although she enjoyed their company, including Axle and Grit's who really didn't interact with her all that much, there were times where she still needed her space. She'd left without them that morning but there was no doubt in her mind that eventually, they would start flocking in too. This would be her last consecutive day attending the festivities. As promised to her landlord, she planned on spending some time back home. Her chores around the property had been delayed ever since the start of this grandiose festival and she had some catching up to do. Plus, according to the rotation schedule adopted by the residents, it was her turn to watch over Hilsburn while others got the opportunity to mingle with friends and complete their trades. Lilin didn't mind at all. It would give her plenty of time to practice the activities she'd learned in the last two days, both expertly instructed by two women she'd come to appreciate and respect.

The Azathoth descendant had never cared for company all that much up until recently. Now it felt as though she was out of place without at least one of her companions present at the festival. So many faces, all of which she'd never once seen before. She had an idea of how many packs resided in Nova Scotia but seeing them all reunited in one place was quite impressive and let's face it, a little intimidating. Standing amidst all the commotion, the two-toned juvenile briefly debated whether a third activity was the right thing to do. She'd done two of them already; enjoyable moments to say the least but at this rate, she would surely run out of things to do before the end of the week. Lilin simply happened to be standing in front of a random tent when an announcement rang clear: ice fishing? Her deliberation was short.

Chancing the possibility of coming into contact with freezing water was quite unappealing. She had no quarrels with mother nature and she intended on keeping it that way. Treading on a frozen lake where holes had been punched into the ice really didn't seem like a smart move. Momentarily feeling inadequate once more, Lilin turned to leave when a male intercepted the general direction in which she'd been heading. Instinctively lowering her receivers, she recoiled ever so slightly in order to give him enough space. Had she inadvertently gotten in his way? She was about to apologize when her brain finally registered that he'd spoken to her. Mediterranean orbs held the olive tone of his gaze as she hesitated, struggling inwardly to find an excuse as to why she couldn't go with him. But something in his pleading gaze quenched her train of thoughts, coaxing a favorable answer out of her maw. “Okay,” she agreed calmly, pointing in the guide's general with the tip of her nose. He could lead the way; she would follow. “Let's go.”

table by the Mentors!

<style>
.lilinbroke .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.lilinbroke p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.lilinbroke b {color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.lilinbroke {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/awja0.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a9a9a9; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; outline:1px solid #000000; border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#FFFFFF;}
.lilinbroke .inner {margin:0px 10px 281px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none dotted dotted dotted; border-color:#3B4E48;}
.lilinbroke .wordcount {color:#636363; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #636363; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Okay doke! Time to meet a new relative <33

The arctic wolf that had first announced the ice fishing expedition began to move out and Saul looked towards the old man with a certain respect. It was clear the male had been doing this for a long time and he was skilled at what he did. He still had the inclination to pass on his skills to others and Saul was grateful for the male for coming to the Winter Festival, if just to teach him something new. Saul was the type to always be searching for something else to do, despite his ultimate love of the medical profession which he would always be expanding. His insatiable lust for knowledge of all kinds was something that had always been with him and the young Stormbringer hoped it would never wane. He would be doing everything he could to learn as much as he could from those at the festival and this activity was something that he'd never done before, but he was certain he would enjoy it.

He'd asked if the female in front of him wanted to go, and for the moment it seemed she hadn't heard him. She turned, striding forward before they collided, not enough force to push them too far apart or to the ground. She seemed dazed for the moment. She looked up at him and Saul smiled down at her. Her blue eyes reminded him, inadvertantly, of Shiloh. She seemed to deliberate for a moment, before her soft voice agreed to come with him. He allowed a dazzling smile to spread across his lips before he offered a crooked arm for her to take. They might not know one another, but he could at least offer her some support as they moved towards the lake.

"This is a little awkward..." He commented, his voice breaking into a soft chuckle before he turned towards her, cinnamon backed ears perking up. "I'm Saul Stormbringer, from Ichika no Ho-en" He said, introducing himself as he'd done so many times over the past couple of days. Who he was and where he came from might not mean anything to the female, but at least she would have the information if she should need it. They'd moved together over towards the lake and the wooden pier that extended into the side of it. It would be easier for them to move out over the pier before onto the ice. Saul lead them towards it, stepping onto the frost covered wood with a slight shiver up his body. He knew he should have bought some kind of fur with him to keep him warm, but there was little he could do about that now. Glancing towards the female to make sure she was okay, he continued onward, stepping gingerly onto the ice and offering both his hands to help her down if she wanted it.

477 words

<style>
.saul-q32 {background-color:#CFDF97; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... s/saul.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#737F4B; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:215px 0px 10px 0px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

--

Word Count → 373

Silence hung over their heads like a transparent curtain. She merely followed in the male's footsteps, ears pricked and alert. The intent with which he observed the activity's host and guide mirrored genuinity; he was incontestably interested in whatever knowledge he could obtain from this experience whereas Lilin was just tagging along out of courtesy. She was gradually learning the ways of society, enough to get by without seeming like a savage. There was no refinement in her actions, aristocracy was a foreign culture. So when the male brought his arm forth in an invitation, it took several seconds for the loner to conclude what was expected of her.

Sucking in her breath, she finally slipped her arm into his. A smile of her own met his for the first time but it quickly faded when his surname rang clear. Relative number two in less than a full moon's time. Eclipse had been a distant cousin of sorts; an elusive connection also bound by both the Stormbringer and Soul bloodline. Lilin could only assume he was a sibling of hers, seeing as they both smelled of the same pack. It seemed like those she encountered could be placed in two major categories: loners and Ichikans. How big of a pack was it anyway?

“My mother's a second generation Stormbringer. Crow's daughter.” she admitted, lifting her head to gauge his reaction. Her revelation was stated in a matter-of-fact tone. As surprising as this impromptu family reunion was; she'd lost all trace of her dam and her sire, as she'd come to find out, was dead. Relating to whatever family she had left proved to be difficult when she lacked a solid bond with her parents. “I'm a Soulstorm though. Thought I was the only one until a met this girl named Eclipse. Are you her brother?” They stepped off the wooden pier and when the male offered his assistance with the use of his hands, Lilin gladly took it by holding on to them as she lowered herself onto the ice. There was discernible uncertainty in her steps. Although she knew the male would not be able to do anything if they fell through, he was a reassuring presence. . “My name's Lilin.”

table by the Mentors!

<style>
.lilinbroke {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/awja0.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a9a9a9; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; outline:1px solid #000000; border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#FFFFFF;}
.lilinbroke .inner {margin:0px 10px 281px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none dotted dotted dotted; border-color:#3B4E48;}
.lilinbroke .wordcount {color:#636363; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #636363; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

<33

For a good few moments, they walked in silence, Saul's arm cocked out to the side in anticipation for her arm to rest gently through it. He looked down and smiled reassuringly at the female and after a few seconds, she seemed to realise what he was offering and slid her arm between his. She appeared to return his smile and Saul felt his stomach clench. She was a beautiful female and to have her smiling at him in this way was something that he hadn't really experienced. He tried hard not to think about Siku in that moment and he succeeded in pushing the white woman from his thoughts when the black and brown females own smile slipped in response to his name. His eyebrows furrowed gently as he tried to figure out what he'd said. If she was frowning at his name, what on earth had he done to her? It wasn't as if he had a bad reputation either, Saul wasn't the type to get into trouble with others.

Her words were a shock to him and his ears flashed back against his head for the moment. Saul really had no idea about his family and he'd wanted to change it for a while. It was strange then, that someone would pop up from the woodwork like this, a cousin of sorts. It was difficult to figure out the relation this female was to him- he had no idea what his own generation was. Still, he allowed his tail to swoop back and forth as she explained that her mother was 'Crows' daughter. He had no idea who this Crow was, but if her mother was a second generation, he must assume that whomever Crow was, they were the first generation of Stormbringers. Saul nodded softly.

"I'm afraid I really have no idea about our family history... Perhaps you could enlighten me." Saul said, the 'our' in his sentence coming off awkwardly. It was a shock to find his own relative out here. She continued and Saul smiled softly, although it did make him wonder who her father was. Eclipse was a Soulstorm because of Conor, but this female clearly was not Conor's offspring. He shook his head at her question. "No, Eclipse is my cousin. My Aunt Bris' daughter... Although she is more like my daughter- her father his dead and her mother is missing and she's been on her own since she was a few months old." He explained quickly, although he thought he may have said too much. This female, while she appeared to be family, didn't need to know all of that.

"Who is your father?" He asked, curious to see how else the Stormbringers were affected by Soul blood. It had given him an idea though. He had no idea about his family tree, but perhaps this female did. If she could give him more information, he was going to start a family tree so that they could keep track of who was related, and how. It would take a while and Saul thought that it might never be complete, but it would be good to know. She introduced herself as he helped her onto the ice. "A pleasure to meet you Lilin, a cousin I never thought to meet." He chuckled before turning and stepping further onto the platoon of ice. "What do you know of our family?" He asked, green eyes curious as he looked at her from the side.

580 words

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

--

Word Count → 421

In a different part of the world, primarily in Solbjorg Valley, the Stormbringer clan was a deeply rooted family. If only Lilin had known of their existence and strength in numbers, perhaps her destination would've been there and not where she currently resided. Her branch of the family was incredibly small and apart from the rest. The same could be said about her Soul bloodline. She knew not of a single wolf from that part of her heritage, with the recent exception that Eclipse posed. Her sire was long dead, negating any possibility of a 'chance' meeting with him. As for her dam, Crow had shunned her from a very young age, as he had with her grandmother. Why she bore the Stormbringer surname was a puzzle in itself.

Saul's reaction was exactly what she had expected it to be; a little less comical than Eclipse's but one of shock nonetheless. Relatives just kept on coming without her necessarily looking for them and oddly enough, they appeared to possess strong family values: something she found surprising considering her upbringing. She allowed a distant smile to cross her lips when he requested enlightenment. Somehow, she doubted that her small knowledge of the Stormbringer bloodline would be helpful to him. She would give him the information she did have, just because it was a part of her heritage that she considered a triviality - unlike the Azathoth era surrounding the circumstances of her dam's birth. Lilin nodded quietly when it was revealed that the last-born Soulstorm was in fact his cousin and not his sister, as she had previously assumed.

“I know much less than I let on. My mother's name is Lillith and my father's name is Haku. My mom never met her father, just like I never met mine. I guess it's some sort of trend in my family.” She purposely avoided using the word "our", seeing as her opinion was rather biased. The previously stated was said in a nonchalant manner. She couldn't change the past. These were the cards life had dealt her and she would have to make do. “Eclipse mentioned her parents being Bris and Conor. I'm afraid I don't know how they quite relate to me.” she added, momentarily forgetting about where they were or what they'd come to do. “I know my grandfather had a sister named Ravyn. My mother was quite fond of her.” Whether her newfound relatives were from Ravyn's side or Crow's side of the family, she couldn't tell. “Who are your parents?”

table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Spree Threading Activated! <33

Having grown up around neither of his parents, and an aunt that was surprisingly more absent than Saul originally thought, it wasn't really a shock that he knew nothing of the conflict of the Stormbringers and Dawnrunners or anything. He'd never been to the Stormbringer stronghold, he had no idea where it even was. Shiloh had told him that this was where their father had taken her and Ascher when they were still puppies, but Saul himself had never seen it. His knowledge of his family history was shockingly absent and as he walked across the ice, the black and brow female who was actually a relative to him on his arm was hopefully going to tell him something of his history. He didn't know how much she knew, but she knew of her own mother at least and that would be more than he'd originally known, even if he had no clue of how she truly related to him.

Cinnamon-backed ears flashed forward as she began to speak, admitting that she knew less than she let on. Of course, Saul allowed a smile and a soft chuckle to escape him- he was never one to think bad on anyone and any information she could give him was more than he had to start with. His ears flashed back once as he heard her fathers name- while it wasn't commonly known around Dahlia, Saul as a young boy had heard it once or twice and knew that Haku was Conor's father. He snorted softly when she admitted that she'd never met him, before adding. "Ah, well on my side of the family, I never met my mother. My father stuck around long enough to make sure we got to our Aunt Bris, and then I haven't seen him since I was about about three months old. I don't remember much of him..." He interjected, a soft shake of his head given as Lilin continued.

She told him that Eclipse had revealed who her parents were and Saul felt a soft stab at his heart. The two of them were so alike in circumstance, but they dealt with it very differently. "I recognise the name Haku... That was Conor's father. That would make you Eclipse's Step-Aunt... in a convoluted way." He chuckled, his mind twisting as he tried to fit all these names and relations into some form of order. She added another little strand, telling him that her grandfather Crow had a sister named Ravyn, and perhaps she had her own branch of the family. This was so complicated. It was Lilin's turn to ask questions then and Saul dipped his head softly. "My mother was Abigail Dawnrunner and my father was Dreyrugr Stormbringer. My mother is dead- she was murdered by her own mother Zia coming over the Halycon Mountains with my siblings and I. My father left us in Dahlia de Mai and I haven't seen him since."

He refrained from pouring any more family drama on her- about Conor and Bris and their daughter who was more a daughter of his own and Melee and Range and everything in between. It was just too complicated to explain out on the ice. He looked up and found their instructor signalling for them to stop. Saul came to a natural stop and turned his head towards their instructor as he explained about how to drill through the ice. Glancing towards Lilin, he flashed her a smile before extracting her arm from his and rolling his shoulders. "Ready for this?" He asked, a cheeky smile on his lips.

598 words

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

-- it's never a spree with derpy jess!

Word Count → 424

It was like playing connect the dots or trying to complete a puzzle with missing pieces. Lilin was only vaguely aware of her immediate heritage, and even that was lacking in information. To broaden her search for answers was not only time consuming but perhaps a little more than she could handle. However, conversing with other relatives about it could only be beneficial to their family. Saul took the floor, introducing the circumstances in which he'd ended up living with his aunt and cousin in Dahlia de Mai: his former pack, she assumed. He'd introduced himself as an Ichika No Ho-En member after all. A solemn nod was provided at the mention of his mother being murdered and the fading memory of his sire.

Perhaps she'd never seen or even met Haku but at least she'd had Lillith around as the prominent parental figure in her life. Her dam wasn't best suited to raise a child, especially with her beliefs and crazed rituals but it was better than having no one at all. Her smile faltered as he provided her with the information. She didn't know whether it warranted an apology or not. Truthfully, she was at a loss of words. Even more so when he continued, this time mentioning her missing parent. “Conor's father?” she murmured, quietly repeating the statement as if to understand the extent of what it meant. She'd had another sibling? With the mystery of Conor's true identity unravelled, her confusion turned to Saul's aunt, Bris. Where did she fit in? Was she one of Crow's or Ravyn's descendants?

And Saul's father, this Dreyrugr - she'd never heard of him either. Biased by her relative's story and his self-dismissal as a father, Lilin couldn't help but associate him with Crow. Her grandfather had done the same thing. Clearly, Stormbringer males weren't cut out to be responsible fathers.“Crow did the same to my mom, he left her too.” The words tumbled out of her mouth without having any specific meaning. She wanted to make him feel better about his sire's absence but somehow, now that her statement was out in the open, she doubted she'd achieved anything remotely close to that.

Thankfully enough, the guide ahead recaptured their attention just in time. When instructed to drill, Lilin's insecurities resurfaced. They were still on ice, further from the pier this time. Was drilling a hole into the layer protecting them from freezing water such a good idea? “Yeah, I think so. I hope you know what you're doing, because I don't.”

table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Spree Threading Activated! <33

It seemed that both of them weren't able to piece together much more of their family history than these few short snippets gleaned from one or the other. It appeared that Crow and Ravyn were the founders of the Stormbringer family, that much was obvious. In his head, Saul attached the name Lilith as Crow's child, and then another line to Lilin, a third generation it seemed. He still had no idea how his end of the family fitted with this short, basic family tree that was the only solid piece at the moment. He promised himself, inside his head, that he would work on writing down their family tree, piecing together as much as he could from any information he could find. He looked across in time to catch her softly spoken 'Conor's father', although he recognised the slightly dazed look. Conor had been her brother, even if she'd never known about him and she'd never met him. He refrained from commenting on the softly spoken repetition, there was simply no need.

Their collective mood had turned melancholy as both of them thought of the family members long and forgotten. It wouldn't surprise the male if they found a slew of other Stormbringers roaming around here, the way they were going. Lilin spoke again in response to his words on his parents and Saul looked across gratefully. In equal parts, the thought made him happier and sadder. It seemed the fathers of the Stormbringer family were never good at staying with their children, so it wasn't just Drey. But he worried that he would fulfill this prophecy- that he would one day leave Temeraire. He pushed the thought away- he would never leave his boy.

As the two stopped and watched the instructor demonstrate the technique, he thought he felt his cousin of sort tense up. He smiled reassuringly before she replied to him. He laughed, a hearty and full laugh that he hadn't felt the need to let free in a long time. "We'll be fine! I'll go and get a drill thing." He offered, picking his way towards the drill the male had left before retuning to the female. "Somewhere around here?" He teased, tapping the ice to find the thickest part. Laying the tip of the drill on the edge of the ice, he looked up towards Lilin before pressing forward into the ice. They'd be fishing within no time.

404 words

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

XD

Word Count → 306

Caribbean blue irises were riveted to the frozen matter supporting the two Stormbringer cousins when Saul's heartfelt laughter coaxed a bewildered expression out of her. Her ears pivoted with the sound, twitching periodically as her own bubbly laughter suddenly escaped the confinements of her maw. “This is serious business, Saul!” she reprimanded, attempting to stiffle the viral urge to accompany his guffaw more than she already had. Her tone of voice was the epitome of severity; her little act would have been convincing if not for the amusement within her gaze.

He did his very best to reassure her, which was an appreciable gesture in itself - but fear of the unknown wouldn't dissipate so easily. What idiot had come up with ice fishing anyway? Didn't all parents tell their puppies to stay away from frozen lakes? Noting her cousin's rather bulky appearance, Lilin quickly came to the conclusion that she would rather be on solid grounds around someone of his robustness and not practically treading water. He returned before she could get second thoughts, auger in hand; ready to drill. She watched silently at first, trailing his every move as he searched for the thickest area.

He was cautious, which was a good thing. But like every woman, Lilin simply couldn't let him handle the task without butting in and giving her opinion. “Wait!” she exclaimed, adopting a crouching position and letting herself slide onto her hands and knees. She too tapped the ice around the target area, assessing his perception before skidding a few feet away. “Okay, I'll watch from here. I'm not sure if it'll support your weight, just saying.” she exclaimed, taunting him amiably as he pierced the ice. Although it had come out as a joke, she honestly worried about whether the ice could withstand nearly three hundred pounds of luperci.

table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

<33

The laughter shook his gut and it didn't occur to Saul for the moment that he hadn't laughed like this in a long time. He knew that he needed to lighten up and see the good in life, but it was easier said than done. His nose wrinkled softly, an irritating quirk that had plagued him since he was young. Of course, the glare that Lilin sent his way her ears twitching back and forward as her words lashed out. She scolded him like a mother might and he all but choked on his chuckle. He might have taken offense, if her bright blue eyes hadn't danced with the hint of mirth that told him she wasn't being serious. He allowed his laughter to die down anyway as he budged his shoulder against her own, a smirk on his lips. "This is very serious business, Lilin. Perhaps you could stop laughing long enough to take it as such?" Saul scolded in return, his words a blatant contradiction and the two of them knew it.

She seemed so nervous as he returned to their chosen area, drill in hand, that it was a little endearing. Although he perhaps could have taken offence to her lack of trust in him, it was understandable none the less- she didn't know him and she had little reason to trust him yet. That they were family meant little to either of them when their lives were possibly at risk. Saul was confident however and made to pierce the ice. She gave a shrill shriek of 'Wait' and he paused, the drill hanging just a few inches above the ice. Green eyes flashed with mirth once more as she moved forward, caution clear as she tapped the ice as he had. "Finished?" He asked as he scampered away. Her voice came from a few feet away and Saul gave another laugh.

"You calling me fat? Is that how this goes?"

He barked back at her, although his green eyes danced with the teasing banter thrown back and forth between the two of them. His tail flickering back and forward, he plunged the tip onto the ice, a small split resulting in the hold that he needed. With a grunt, he began to move the drill in the desired circular motion, muscles straining and relaxing as he made his way through the ice. It took him a good ten minutes to finally break through, but he looked up with triumph. "See, I didn't fall through!" He taunted as he removed the drill. A small, wonky hole lay where the flat stretch of land had once lain and Saul gestured for her to come back and join him again.

451 words

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

-- wotd: morceau(x). this can be the last post or you can throw in one more reply, love. it's up to you.

Word Count → 384

Words were unnecessary to counter the playful accusation thrown her way. She wasn't calling him fat and he knew it. Au contraire, she thought his build was quite impressive compared to the majority of wolves she'd seen up to this date. What truly held her attention was his very essence; there was something quite alluring about the way this situation was being handled. She did trust him to a certain extent but reality of the matter was that fate wasn't theirs to control at this point in time. Lilin did nothing but watch for the duration of his task, her velutinous tail thumping earnestly against the cold surface beneath her haunches.

A hole the size of several inches had been successfully punctured through the thick layer of ice. It had supported his body weight; the breach was intact and perfect in circumference; impressive for a novice. Mediterranean orbs lingered around general area below her cousin's paws, scanning every centimeter for cracks and even microscopic crevices. Once satisfied with the results, she gingerly made her way back to his side so that they could begin their activity. It was her turn to obtain the next items needed for their fishing escapade; two light fishing rods were given to her by their knowledgeable guide along with a blanket for additional warmth. The sun was shining brightly, enough to provide a certain level of comfort but she couldn't deny how chilly of a day it was.

Their prankish bickering carried on throughout their educational lesson. Stories and anecdotes were exchanged along with bits and pieces of information about themselves: Saul had brought a new little boy into this world, one who went by the name of Temeraire. It was uncharacteristic of a Stormbringer male to show such devotion and unconditional love to his child. But no matter how unconventional and surprising it was, Lilin believed it to be true. By the end of the afternoon, the two-toned juvenile's opinion of her kin had risen to new levels. Tension had faded progressively, to the point where both of them unabashedly huddled closer in search of comfort. The product of their efforts and determination resulted in bass, pikes and perches; all of which they savored in carefully cut morceaux. Life was good.

table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>[/html]