fixed upon the ground
[html]

-- it's never a spree with derpy jess!

Word Count → 424

It was like playing connect the dots or trying to complete a puzzle with missing pieces. Lilin was only vaguely aware of her immediate heritage, and even that was lacking in information. To broaden her search for answers was not only time consuming but perhaps a little more than she could handle. However, conversing with other relatives about it could only be beneficial to their family. Saul took the floor, introducing the circumstances in which he'd ended up living with his aunt and cousin in Dahlia de Mai: his former pack, she assumed. He'd introduced himself as an Ichika No Ho-En member after all. A solemn nod was provided at the mention of his mother being murdered and the fading memory of his sire.

Perhaps she'd never seen or even met Haku but at least she'd had Lillith around as the prominent parental figure in her life. Her dam wasn't best suited to raise a child, especially with her beliefs and crazed rituals but it was better than having no one at all. Her smile faltered as he provided her with the information. She didn't know whether it warranted an apology or not. Truthfully, she was at a loss of words. Even more so when he continued, this time mentioning her missing parent. “Conor's father?” she murmured, quietly repeating the statement as if to understand the extent of what it meant. She'd had another sibling? With the mystery of Conor's true identity unravelled, her confusion turned to Saul's aunt, Bris. Where did she fit in? Was she one of Crow's or Ravyn's descendants?

And Saul's father, this Dreyrugr - she'd never heard of him either. Biased by her relative's story and his self-dismissal as a father, Lilin couldn't help but associate him with Crow. Her grandfather had done the same thing. Clearly, Stormbringer males weren't cut out to be responsible fathers.“Crow did the same to my mom, he left her too.” The words tumbled out of her mouth without having any specific meaning. She wanted to make him feel better about his sire's absence but somehow, now that her statement was out in the open, she doubted she'd achieved anything remotely close to that.

Thankfully enough, the guide ahead recaptured their attention just in time. When instructed to drill, Lilin's insecurities resurfaced. They were still on ice, further from the pier this time. Was drilling a hole into the layer protecting them from freezing water such a good idea? “Yeah, I think so. I hope you know what you're doing, because I don't.”

table by the Mentors!

<style>
.lilinbroke .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.lilinbroke p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.lilinbroke b {color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.lilinbroke {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/awja0.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a9a9a9; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; outline:1px solid #000000; border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#FFFFFF;}
.lilinbroke .inner {margin:0px 10px 281px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none dotted dotted dotted; border-color:#3B4E48;}
.lilinbroke .wordcount {color:#636363; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #636363; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread