fixed upon the ground
[html]

<33

The laughter shook his gut and it didn't occur to Saul for the moment that he hadn't laughed like this in a long time. He knew that he needed to lighten up and see the good in life, but it was easier said than done. His nose wrinkled softly, an irritating quirk that had plagued him since he was young. Of course, the glare that Lilin sent his way her ears twitching back and forward as her words lashed out. She scolded him like a mother might and he all but choked on his chuckle. He might have taken offense, if her bright blue eyes hadn't danced with the hint of mirth that told him she wasn't being serious. He allowed his laughter to die down anyway as he budged his shoulder against her own, a smirk on his lips. "This is very serious business, Lilin. Perhaps you could stop laughing long enough to take it as such?" Saul scolded in return, his words a blatant contradiction and the two of them knew it.

She seemed so nervous as he returned to their chosen area, drill in hand, that it was a little endearing. Although he perhaps could have taken offence to her lack of trust in him, it was understandable none the less- she didn't know him and she had little reason to trust him yet. That they were family meant little to either of them when their lives were possibly at risk. Saul was confident however and made to pierce the ice. She gave a shrill shriek of 'Wait' and he paused, the drill hanging just a few inches above the ice. Green eyes flashed with mirth once more as she moved forward, caution clear as she tapped the ice as he had. "Finished?" He asked as he scampered away. Her voice came from a few feet away and Saul gave another laugh.

"You calling me fat? Is that how this goes?"

He barked back at her, although his green eyes danced with the teasing banter thrown back and forth between the two of them. His tail flickering back and forward, he plunged the tip onto the ice, a small split resulting in the hold that he needed. With a grunt, he began to move the drill in the desired circular motion, muscles straining and relaxing as he made his way through the ice. It took him a good ten minutes to finally break through, but he looked up with triumph. "See, I didn't fall through!" He taunted as he removed the drill. A small, wonky hole lay where the flat stretch of land had once lain and Saul gestured for her to come back and join him again.

451 words

<style>
.saul-q32 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.saul-q32 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saul-q32 b {color:#2A2E1A; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.saul-q32 {background-color:#CFDF97; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... s/saul.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#737F4B; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:215px 0px 10px 0px; }
.saul-q32-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread