Hot Northern Blood
[html]
oocWC: 314

Perhaps he was too old when he first shifted, but Shandom didn't think he'd ever be able to accustom to the lifestyles of those who went to festivals and traded and procured goods. The whole idea of the pack Cercatori d'Arte, from which his Alphess hailed, was strange enough as it was. A pack based on arts and culture and trading... He had thought they were the exceptions, sort of an odd man out in the territory, and yet here he was, entirely incorrect. Apparently the large community of wolves that lived in this strange land had gathered for a sort of trading extravaganza, or something like that. He assumed it was what Terra implied, anyway.

Regardless, Shandom didn't like it. He almost didn't appreciate Terra's warning, either, when she took it upon herself to remind him to be flexible. A small smile, though, instead crawled across his mouth. He'd been told his entire life that he was just a little to rigid, a little to quick to enforce the rules. The lanky man packed quite the punch behind iron jaws, and had always been fast to remind others when it was absolutely necessary they behave, conform, and show some goddamn respect. It was part of what he liked so much about New Dawn. I have seen so much in my life, Miss Terra, that if I weren't adaptable, I would explode. I've chosen to live secluded from things I don't understand, or things I don't seek to understand, and act as my ancestors did. I do not begrudge anyone their curiosity, though, especially little imps like yourself. He winked cheerily at her, tail wagging lazily. Still, I will maintain my distance from things like that. I prefer the basic life that I have lived for the majority of my years. It's easier, this way, and doesn't make me feel like such a clown.

<style type="text/css">
.freebfeb02-box {width:239px;height:244px;float:right;}
.freebfeb02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#be6232; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; }
.havendaddi01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#514739; text-align:center;}
.freebfeb02 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebfeb02 {margin:0 auto; width:90%; max-width:700px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/0s2wh.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #7d8890; padding: 10px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7d8890; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style> [/html]

Messages In This Thread