Now and forever, from this day forth
[html]
WORD COUNT : 297
This was hard to write. x:

Today was the day. Today he'd no longer be Gunnar the boy without a family. Today he'd finally marry Fia as planned and she would be his mate, and he, hers. And lucky for him the weather was perfect and there'd been no issues in preparing.

He'd dressed sharply for the ceremony, wearing a nice black shirt and dress pants to match, opting out of wearing the jacket that went with them; it would've made the entire evening spent in discomfort, for the sleeves were just a few inches too short for him. Still, the shirt and pants fit nicely and he'd even worn his boots, the leather polished smooth for once. His normal tangle of hair was swept back neatly, fur groomed and cleaned. Yes, he was ready.

Except, later, as he stood there in front of Fia, holding her hands and listening to Anann start the ceremony, he felt his nerves building. So many people. So much importance. Would he get it right? He hadn't even rehearsed any vows!

But when it came time for him to speak, he ignored his nervous fears and what came next flowed naturally.

"I, Gunnar, take you, Fia, to be my wife, my mate and my only, to have and to hold, for better of for worse, to love and to cherish, from this moment on. You are my only and I love you."

Not too much different than the classic vows, but spoken in such a way that meant so much more than written words could manage. He only hoped they'd do the trick with everyone watching, though as he finished speaking, the crowd had seemed to vanish. This lady dressed in her white fur and blue eyes, this woman stronger than he'd ever be... was his world.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread