emerald eyes and fireflies
Selene decided that nothing was going I happen wrong for a while, but her guard was kept up. Gently shaking the outstretched palm, Selene nodded in truce, the prodding kick previously was forgiven, but not out of her mind.  "Would you like to sit? I have nothing to offer you but this ground we stand upon. " She gestured to the slightly gravelly soil, probably not a problem to the golden dog with her silky thick coat. Selene's fur was noticeably shorter, but no complaints came from the petite woman. Her mind continuously flickered to the man with the slashed face. Did he fall or do something? Or was it Amy? Amy seemed to be a temperate woman, and pregnancy could easily fit the bargain. Selene herself had never herself been pregnant, but earlier in times was worried she would by the scum on the ship that had unforgivingly raped her and used her in all the wrong and unbiblical ways. 

She sat down and curled her tail around her body, starting her explanation. "You have a shop? That's amazing. I'd never be able to have one of those. I'm a fool for shiny and valuable trinkets. I'd never be able to pass them up. I came here to look for a weapon, like a sword or something like that." The girl paused for a moment, pressing her ears against her skull. "I know how to fight, but I'm not big enough for the hand to hand combat. I need the power a blade can give me." Deciding that the explaination was good enough she leaned back, looking around the ground for any gritty stone, to strike against the same kind for a fire. Alas there was none by her paws, so she gave up and looked at her companions. "What's his name? And what happened to his face?" Selene pointed with her tapered coyote muzzle, gesturing to the older male who appeared to be guarding the cart. Again her mind was diverted to Italy, this woman seemed to be well travelled, and had some aura of knowledge other than the things you'd see in a story book or read in any context. "Have you ever been to Italy? I had a family there...Although I was adopted. My original family was killed by a big fire. I don't know anyone yet who has heard of it. So I don't know who I am." Selene shrugged, raising a shoulder not letting the curiosity creep through her voice. If Amy didn't know, who really cared. She didn't know them [her family] anyway, she couldn't mourn the deaths of beings she didn't know, it didn't seem to work and fit well that way.

Messages In This Thread