emerald eyes and fireflies
She watched the reaction slip over her, as it had so many. Sorrow, guilt, worry. They all felt that way upon discovering what it was, something Amy didn't understand. She could never be turned into a slave herself, willing to die before that happened. If they injured her far enough to prevent fighting Amy would kill herself. She was a higher creature than a slave. Amy would never submit, and she never did submit to anyone. That often got her into conflicts with pack wolves that believed themselves more valued than loners. She wouldn't back down, often proving her dominance with her sword and teeth.

Amy smiled slightly as the girl moved on. He has a name. It's Hadley. I just don't give it out since he needs to be focused, and he responds to his name automatically. You can understand the conflict that would create, not to mention that a good slave is supposed to be invisible. Clearly he's not to that point yet. There was still so much training, so much more to do with him. Hadley was adequate as a labor slave, but beyond that he simply needed more. More etiquette, more control, a greater ability to move himself out of sight.

Amy's eyes sparkled as Selene described what had happened to her family. She knew that one. She knew that one well indeed. The Barino family. I remember them. They were diplomats, working with various pack leaders. Everyone knew they weren't just simple advisors. Even my family was careful not to cross them, and we control practically everything. It was a horrible tragedy when they died. So much power collapsed and uncared for was dangerous. If anybody found out there was an heir alive, Europe would break into utter chaos. Her family had barely managed to contain the mess the first time round, spending tons of resources for it. You must not tell anyone what family you are. It's dangerous. Do you understand?

Messages In This Thread