emerald eyes and fireflies
The female was eager to learn about the family that she'd never known. Amy knew that such knowledge could endanger the girl, but she did have some fighting skills. Besides, Amy could gain control over the single heir of the empire if she earned this girl's trust. Granted, her family had taken over the area when the Barino family had collapsed, but that wasn't the same. They didn't belong there, and they didn't have the same level of influence as they did in their own area. If the Barinos were the diplomats, the Sunders were the royalty of the criminal world. The only thing they didn't have was power over actual leadership, the Barinos overshadowing them in that matter. The Sunders weren't diplomatic, lacking that poisonous tongue the Barino family had. She wondered if Selene had inherited that silver tongue.

She could only agree at Selene's assumption. If anyone knew she was alive they would kill whoever was in the way to get their hands on the only legal heir. Only the Barino family held the key to so many of the secrets. Perhaps Selene held them despite how young she'd been, locked away in the recesses of her memory. Amy's brother had tried to tackle the codes, but they had been designed so only a member of the family could open it. She smiled at her naive words, Hadley returning with the swords and a small fur to lay them on. No. The only person who would be able to handle your entire family on their own would be someone powerful enough to be able to threaten them, and it takes my whole family simply to stand our grounds against them. At least it did. Amy tossed her head lightly at her words. Yes I traded through Europe. I controlled a large part of the trade by myself, no help from my family. She was so proud of that, the fact that she could hold her own with power and influence in her family.

Messages In This Thread