take what you want, give nothing back
[html]

Word Count :: 240

The poor scared mister responded to his worried prodding, rising up—though not much, as he more or less looked huddled sitting how he was. If not his actual posture, his submissive cues made him look like he was curled up in a ball, his grey eyes cast to the side as he apologized quietly. It made the young prince sad, to see this grownup all scared and sorry when the pup could now smell others on his fur: friends. He smelled like friends and so he was a friend, and even if he’d given the Haskel a big fright, the puppy had only wanted to scare him a little.

The golden wolfdog waved his tail awkwardly, ears perked as the other continued to mumble something like an apology. When the other finally just offered his name, the boy was more confident: this was something he could deal with. He could make conversation and everything would be okay and nice and he’d be a good prince—good princes were nice and forgiving.

“I’m Prince Skoll Haskel!” the puppy barked, but unfortunately, despite his good intentions, he was speaking very loudly. “I sorry I scared ya, mister, but I thought you were a bad monster. ’s okay now though. Maybe you’re lost? It’s a big-big place, Cour des Miracles.” His kid voice was fluent pronouncing the pack name, at least, his tongue adapting easily to French as his mother sometimes spoke.

Image courtesy of ilovememphis@Flickr; coding by the Mentors!

<style>
.skoll1 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2BMJL.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#d8cc97; width:100%; max-width:600px; min-width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:320px 0px 10px 0px; color:#616d6a; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.skoll1 b {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#fffbe0; text-shadow:#000000 2px 1px 2px;}
.skoll1 p { text-indent:30px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.skoll1 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread