take what you want, give nothing back
[html]

Word Count :: 229 Ugh I suck.

The gingery-haired canine smiled a bit, at least, and Skoll continued to wiggle his tail behind him encouragingly. He’d gotten into enough trouble himself to know when it was time to make nice and move on; he couldn’t stand others being mad at him or thinking that he was a bad boy when he wasn’t. Maybe Trent was feeling the same way, now that he’d messed up and was sorry about it.

Trent stammered out an explanation that turned quickly into a question, and it was the puppy’s turn to look blank and awkward. “Um, stuff?” He frowned and looked around at the hallway ponderously. “I got—um—already had all ’em stuff. Forever since I was borned,” he added quickly, hoping to get the point across that he was the last person the grownup would want to ask.

But then something came to him, and he chirped, “There’s stuff in Halderax, in the big city place. And Strelein gots a lot of stuff! Lotsa clothes and spools.” He grinned, even after mispronouncing the city’s name and forgetting to mention who Strelein actually was. Those were the only places were someone could actually obtain stuff, as far as in his little world. One day, when he was bigger, he did want to explore Halifax and the rest of the land for himself to see what the big deal was.

Image courtesy of ilovememphis@Flickr; coding by the Mentors!

<style>
.skoll1 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2BMJL.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#d8cc97; width:100%; max-width:600px; min-width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:320px 0px 10px 0px; color:#616d6a; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.skoll1 b {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#fffbe0; text-shadow:#000000 2px 1px 2px;}
.skoll1 p { text-indent:30px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.skoll1 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread