take what you want, give nothing back
[html]
Skoll Haskel

Word Count → 225

Awkwardness permeated the hall the two males held their conversation in, and it was something that Skoll was not at all used to. He always had something bright to say, even if it wasn’t especially bright to an adult, but his mouth had never stopped moving for want of words. The other’s discomfort made his skin prickle, however, and as he adjusted his seat on the ground, he wished he could make Trent disappear. It wasn’t out of meanness, but Trent made him feel guilty for stupid and reasonless reasons.

“Yeah,” the prince answered, copying the ear-scratch with a hind foot. His tongue stuck out of the side of his mouth. “Me ’n’ Hati ’n’ Liam are kingsons, an’ then Lottie’s my sister. Hati ’n’ Lottie are inna litter.” He hoped that by describing his siblings that Trent might understand Haskel-Catori family better, what with him breaking into their house.

“I like livin’ here!” Skoll barked with slightly more enthusiasm, though his voice was getting hoarse from his cold again. “There’re horses an’ I have friends, like Caspa—she’s part ghost—and Terra’s a silly coyote-wolf. An’ I got Liam to teach me stuff, an’ Daddy too, an’ Mom is good and helps take care-a me.”

He beamed like sunlight, and then a cloud passed over as he ventured, “Do you like livin’ inna Court?”

table by raze; template from the mentors

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.suncharskol-box {float:right; padding:0px 10px;}
.suncharskol {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: justify; margin:0px 25px;}
.suncharskol .words {font-size:50px; font-family: 'Almendra SC'; text-align:right; line-height:20px; padding:15px 25px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.suncharskol p.ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:center; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.suncharskol p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.suncharskol .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.suncharskol p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px;}
.suncharskol b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread