Mediations of the Heart
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... eofone.png); background-color:#000000; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 320px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

The early morning had been spent tending to the borderlines as always accompanied with vigor in stride. There was purpose in her actions, but also haste as she strove to complete the marking before the dawn bathed its soothing light over the lands. A little more sleep would have done well for her, or would have at least been nice, hence her reason for emerging at the early hour of the morning.

The cold had been forgotten until the tail end of her rounds, when the slush of dirt and snow began to seep into her legs making it difficult walk with her pads tingling with numbness. She hurried back to the den when the cold made her limbs grow stiff and huddled back beneath her blanket of variant grey until the call of the morning birds brought her back to consciousness.

It was a great deal of time later before she was called to rise again, not by the voices of the native birds but by a familiar to these lands. Though she wanted to continue to leech the warmth from her mate, she knew he slept like the dead and would less likely reply to their patiently waiting guest. With great reluctance, she freed herself from both the furs and warm body and pulled her body into a stretch before receiving whomever waited. Kindly she offered a low growl to convey they had been heard whilst she hastily make herself presentable, rasping away clinging leaf and twigs before emerging into the morning light. Immediately her eyes beheld the tantalizing rust red of their latest inductee and her ever present and formidable guard. To both, the woman dipped her head in greeting.

“Good morning to you, Fatin…Asad,” she smiled to each in turn offering a friendly sway of her tail. “I hope the two of you have settled in comfortably. What can I do for you?”

317 words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread