The difference between you and me
[html]

OOC here!

Word Count → 425

The larger wolf roaring at Kohaku was enough to send him back a few paces. The bipedal form was so much bigger than his mother and the wolf's teeth were just so sharp. But to the puppy's credit, he never turned his back to the stranger. If anything Kohaku's retreat could be considered comical as he tripped over his own two feet while he tried to shuffle through the thin layer of snow. However, the young male was quick to pick up on the stranger's playful tone and quickly turned into offense. Kohaku growled again and tried to rush the larger wolf. Unfortunately his feet got in the way and he landed muzzle-first in the snow. A few embarrassing moments later, the familiar sensation of teeth around his small body told Kohaku his mother had arrived.

Ever since their birth, Kohaku had stood out as the rambunctious child. He pushed and fought more than his sisters did and somewhere along the lines had even developed an inferiority complex towards the luperci. But really, she couldn't blame him. Besides Kiara and Alonso, they were the only non-infected wolves in all of Ichika. Even their playmates, Jace's children, would soon start shifting and leave the three puppies behind. When Kiara and her daughter's finally caught up with the wild child, they found him lying in the snow near an unfamiliar male. This immediately put the young mother in a defensive position and she quickly strode over to Kohaku and picked him up in her jaws. Her tail was raised and her eyes were suspicious of the sitting male. Slowly Kiara backed away and placed Kohaku next to his sisters who had remained a several feet behind.

With the puppy out of her mouth Kiara turned, her tail was high and her posture held all of the dominance that her rank did not entitle her too. Kiara was the pack Ikusei and not very high up in the pecking order, but she was still these puppies mother and for them she could become an alpha. In a cool, but polite voice she said, "Namaste stranger. My name is Kiara Amarok, a member of Ichika no Ho-en. I apologize if my son has disturbed you." This brought about an angry retort from Kohaku that was immediately stifled by his siblings. At least they could sense the serious mood their mother was in. The arctic wolf was so absorbed with the safety of her puppies that she didn't even notice the all too familiar necklace that the male was holding.

<style type="text/css">
.kiaratree b {font-weight:bold; color:#dbe3ff; text-shadow:#0a273b 0px 0px 1px;}
.kiaratree p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.kiaratree {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#2a4c56; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/20js9j6.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #420503; padding: 470px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#60848f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.kiaratree .wordcount {color:#60848f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dbe3ff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.kiaratree .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread