The difference between you and me
[html]

OOC here!

Word Count → 445

The sudden turn in conversation was startling and grim. What had persuaded the monk in front of her to say such depressing things, especially with her children present. They were so young, too young to know death and unhappiness. Kiara nervously turned her head around to see the reactions of her puppies. All three were tangled up in a wrestling game that most likely started when Lucia and Anna tried to hush Kohaku. Kiara sighed with relief, they had not heard Aylu's speech. Anna's head shot up when she heard her mother sigh. Anna could read situations better than any of the others and knew immediately that something had distressed her mother. Anna quickly untangled herself from her siblings and placed herself in between her mother's front paws. Kiara bent down and gave her a quick reassuring lick before turning to face Aylu.

When Kiara spoke her voice was tough and obviously not happy. "Please don't speak of... such things in front of my puppies. I..." Kiara's voice trailed off as she started connecting the dots. A grey scarred women, her body found close to Ichika. It was then that the white female noticed the necklace Aylu held. The carved wood far to familiar. Shiloh.

Rage and grief filled Kiara, threatening to overwhelm her. Shiloh was dead? What of Sarian? Kiara turned her anger towards Aylu, the only one who seemed to have knowledge of the event. The necklace he held in his hand made him look even more suspicious. Kiara's ears flattened and her lips pulled back a little. The only thing holding her back was Anna who remained tucked between her forepaws. Aylu's next comment about Dalgina was made with a smile, yet his comment only managed to enrage her more. He was close to Dalgina at one point, he was potentially dangerous, and now he was a potential threat to her own children.

Kiara worked hard to keep her voice steady and low in an attempt to at least keep two of her puppies in the dark. "You...you found a...a female, and now you hold her necklace. Why...exactly should I trust your words. How do I know you aren't the...cause of her state." Despite all of Kiara's efforts her voice still shook a little, so she made extra precautions to make sure that she never said anything close to death. Now all of the puppies had their eyes fixed on their mother, they had sensed her anger and could hear the venom in her voice. Their small bodies automatically tensed and their ears were poised to receive instructions. Even Kohaku didn't dare to cross his mother when she was in such distress.

<style type="text/css">
.kiaratree b {font-weight:bold; color:#dbe3ff; text-shadow:#0a273b 0px 0px 1px;}
.kiaratree p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.kiaratree {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#2a4c56; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/20js9j6.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #420503; padding: 470px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#60848f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.kiaratree .wordcount {color:#60848f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dbe3ff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.kiaratree .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread