CdC Brotherhood Poll!
Hopefully it's okay if I reply to this since I'm a future member~ c:

I was also going to mention the threads with the leadership. 4 threads can take a long time and if someone is really keen on becoming a member of the Brotherhood, it would mean 2 threads with the same two characters at the same time. As a leader, I was always willing to take on member threads, but there was a point where I'd have to say no because it'd just get too overwhelming. I think that although the intent is good, it would definitely put a lot of the onus on the leaders when it should be on the person trying to become a member of the Brotherhood.

For threads, you have a total of 7 related to the Brotherhood which seems a bit excessive:
- 5 leader (4 for 'trust', one for the Oath)
- 2 Brotherhood-related (any)

Given that some members (such as myself) don't take on more than 6 or 7 threads in a given span per character and that 7 threads can take about half a year to wrap up, this might mean a character wouldn't become a part of the Brotherhood for half a year.

I think that the intention is great, but I think that a thread with each leader would be sufficient and then have one post-Brotherhood thread that's an initiation thread.

Maybe part of the initiation could be figuring out what the initiation task is? The character would have one IC day to think of something symbolic and then perform the task.

- 3 leader (2 for trust, 1 for the Oath)
- 2 Brotherhood-related
- 1 initiation

That brings it to 6 threads, which is still quite a few, but with only 5 as threads with interaction, that's a little more manageable. c:

Hope that helps a bit. c:

Messages In This Thread