It's A New Life
[html]

421 → No problem honey!

After the initial shock of the collision wore off, a new shock filled Blind after Soran spoke. She’d let her guard down, thinking that it would be easy to get in just because Soran had greeted her. It was a mistake, and in any other situation she would have been in huge trouble. But a quick glance in the ebony female’s direction provided Blind some relief, for she saw jest in those wise eyes. She was playing a trick, and Blind had almost fallen for it.

Her relief didn’t last long, however, for the responses from Augustus – despite the fact that they weren’t condemning – were rather short and cold. She wondered if perhaps she’d done something wrong, or if he’d changed his mind about wanting her beside him in this pack. Had he met someone else? So many thoughts spun around in her head that she nearly forgot to answer Soran’s question. Lowering her stance even further, Blind said, Soran, I want nothing more than to be a member of this pack. I feel that I belong here, and that I might find a purpose here. I’ve practiced my hunting, I’ve learned how to classify herbs, and I’ve even learned how to USE some of those herbs. You know that I won’t hesitate to help another, and that my family comes first. I have made mistakes in the past, but I hope that I can be of some use to this pack and learn to reform my ways.

Blind’s bi-colored eyes did not lift as she spoke. Just as she had done when she had tried to join Crimson Dreams, Blind remained submissive and small, the very picture of insignificance. She had to consider the issue that she had abandoned her first pack, and there was no doubt that Soran remembered too. This caused a lump of panic to swell in Blind’s throat - there was a very real possibility that she might end up alone again, turned away by even her mother.

Trying to clear her thoughts, Blind awaited the verdict. She didn’t know what else to say, but she would surely answer any other questions they asked of her. Stealing a glance at Augustus, her heart sped up even more at the mere appearance of him. She hadn’t seen this side of him before – he was the epitome of nobility, and he oozed with authority. She felt a tiny shiver dance over her spine, and she nudged her snout into the snow beneath her in order to distract herself.

<style type="text/css">
.blindflower b {font-weight:bold; color:#a77faa; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#324350 1px 1px 2px;}
.blindflower p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:right; padding:0px 30px; font-style:italic;}
.blindflower p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.blindflower .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#684f6a; }
.blindflower p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.blindflower .float {width:200px; height:100px; float:left;}
.blindflower {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#68949d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/tvHbX.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #324350; padding:170px 0px 4px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#324350; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread