No Holding Back
[html]

Word Count → 275 :: No worries! Happy Valentine’s by the by.

The she-wolf slipped her head beneath Ceri’s, and suddenly his coy grin became more warm. He tucked his arm around her in a sort of canine embrace, finally resting his chin on her soft crown. His tail swayed calmly behind him, and he took in her scent as well as he sat still and quiet. A bird chirped somewhere in the distance, and the sun peeked out from behind the clouds long enough to warm the tips of Ceri’s ears. The gentle sound of the fae’s breathing nearly lulled him to sleep. Life was good.

She mentioned his name was a ‘mouthful’ then, and he chuckled softly. Of course it was; he didn’t often have others call him by his full name. ”You can call me Ceri,” he said, offering her ear a playful lick. She revealed her name then, and his brows rose ever so slightly. ”Ciara,” he repeated, the word slipping slowly from his tongue as if he were tasting every syllable. ”That’s beautiful.” And indeed it was; it felt nice just to say it. But perhaps it was due in large part to the fact that now he could call her something other than ‘girl.’ Now he felt that much closer to her.

Her next question caught him a bit off guard. He’d never been in a pack, and he didn’t even know – though he assumed – that there were packs around here. New Dawn didn’t sound familiar, but in an odd way it fit Ciara…Ciara of New Dawn. One ear swiveled back halfway as he chose his words carefully, finally responding, ”I don’t belong to a pack, no. I’m simply a wanderer.”

<style>
.heraldictxt-box {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Hadmk.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:183px; height:200px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.heraldictxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.heraldictxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.heraldictxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread