No Holding Back
[html]

Word Count → 504 :: Haha nooo when I read it the first time I went ‘aww’. It’s clever.

Ciara was a curious thing, and a thing that Cerberus liked quite a lot. She was soft and gentle in every sense of her being, but not so soft that she was fragile. Her admittance to being alone most of her life proved well enough that she was capable of holding her own, and at such a young age, that was admirable. His mother had been the same way, abandoned as a pup and forced to live on her own. It wasn’t until she met Cerberus’ father that she finally had company to speak of. And she had grown to be a wonderful mother, brave and tough while still loving and sweet. But she failed to see the suffering of her own son, and that greatly hindered the relationship between her and Ceri. Ciara seemed sweet enough, but it would be a make-or-break factor to find if she could pay attention or not. So far, she seemed to be doing fine. But it did worry Cerberus a bit when he noticed she was spacing off.

The actions that followed her little daze, however, made Cerberus nearly forget his worries altogether. The primal side of him desired to be infinitely closer to her simply because she was a beautiful, affectionate girl. But the sensible side of him felt his heart dance into his throat at her snuggling, let alone her little sneeze. She was simply adorable, a creature whose very touch sent his nerves vibrating. Lowering down beside her, Cerberus pushed the whole of his face into her soft neck with a happy coo, and then finally laid his head on her paws instead of his own. His tail flopped happily behind him still, and he kept his mismatched eyes on the girl to ensure that this wasn’t a dream he’d soon wake up from. He was acting like a love-struck pup…and he was entirely okay with it now.

Though it seemed foolish, Cerberus hoped for a moment that when Ciara asked if he’d ever thought of joining a pack, that she might be asking him to join hers. Snapping back to reality, he shrugged his cream-colored shoulders and nipped a spot just above her breast. ”I’ve thought about it,” he admitted, ”but I wouldn’t know where to go. I’m not sure where the packs are around here, let alone if they’d be willing to accept a scoundrel like me.” He chuckled softly, portraying to Ciara that he didn’t really think as little of himself as he sometimes led others to believe. But it was true; he’d never been a pack animal in his life, and his parents rarely talked about them. He feared making a fool of himself if he ever went calling at any territorial borders, even though part of him knew instinct would take over. Still, it didn’t change the fact that he enjoyed being wild and free too. But as he looked at Ciara again, he wondered if perhaps this girl might be the first to change his mind about that.

<style>
.heraldictxt-box {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Hadmk.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:183px; height:200px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.heraldictxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.heraldictxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.heraldictxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread