No Holding Back
((OOC: Sad, sad Ciara. Sad WC: 490))

Ciara couldn’t help it. When Ceri talked of letting her go, she let out a mournful whimper and tucked her nose into the fur at his throat. She didn’t want to leave him alone, and knew that even though she’d be surrounded by her pack, it wouldn’t be the same without him anymore. The calico wolf wished that she could just bring him across the borders now, but she knew that it wasn’t right. Cerberus would have to come to the borders of his own accord, and would need to be approved by the leaders. She couldn’t just force him to go.

As Ceri’s tongue moved over her ears, the girl couldn’t help but flatten them. Normally she would have loved the attention but now she just couldn’t stand it. Those licks meant goodbye, they weren’t the happy and flirtatious touches from before. Her heart wrenched in her chest as her boycoy glanced towards the borders, borders that she had no intention of looking at. Would her pack really mind if she spent the night out here with him, on the beach? Surely they wouldn’t worry too much if she gave them a howl to let them know she was safe?

She was just about to tip her head back and make the call when Ceri’s tongue rolled across her snout and he whispered those words to her. When he called her princess, it relaxed her a little, and she tipped her head up to look at him. “I will see you again, Ceri,” she said, making sure he realized that it wasn’t a question, but a demand. “I think there’s a lot we can teach each other.” She stood then, giving him a reassuring smile before standing up.

She could see that something changed in his eyes, then, and it was as though her heart was breaking. She, too, didn’t understand how she could be so torn up about leaving a male she had only just met. Ciara knew, though, that Cerberus was going to be in her life from now on. She didn’t want it any other way. Even if he didn’t come to New Dawn and try to join, she would go and find him regardless. The girl knew that eventually she’d find a way to make him hers.

A short moment passed between them when she tipped her head and began to lick steadily over his face and snout. She wanted to bring the light back to his eyes and chase away whatever was haunting them. It would always be that way for Ciara, she would always try her best to protect those she cared about, even if it meant putting herself in danger. “I’m going to go for now, but if you don’t come to the borders, I’ll come find you,” she said, looking him dead in the eye. Then, she licked over his nose and smiled before running for the borders.

Goodbyes were better done quickly.

Messages In This Thread