A tale for a tale
((Slight PP, let me know if you want it changed my dear.))

The pale scholar watched the blue eyed woman speak. Her grief was palpable. For a heart broken moment, Tal wondered if the ones she spoke of had been his. Regardless, he pulled her to him, mindful of the little guy in the papoose. His arms wrapped around her, giving her a gentle and comforting hug. "I'm sorry...I know the grief of losing children." He kissed her forehead lightly. As she began speaking of her father, he flinched. The look min her eyes, it reminded him of someone, of something.

He had seen a similar look in a mirror in his eyes, not long after Lucifer had raped him and marked him. A hand lifted to the earrings, and he fingered them unconsciously. A knot rose in his throat as his eyes drifted down. His voice was bitter as he spoke. "To be a good father, I had to be better than my own sire, Lucifer. He did a lot of terrible things... including nearly killing my brother, Noah." A rush of hurt and betrayal then, and the words he suppressed so often came tumbling out. "And he raped me. He told me he would kill my son if I didn't let him. He raped me and he marked me as his property."

The shame, the guilt, threatened to overwhelm him and he stepped back from Gemma, enough that the suddenly thick miasma of the stain on his life wouldn't taint her. Little did he know they shared that taint in more ways than one.

Messages In This Thread