A tale for a tale

As quickly as her hopes had risen high they fell fast and hard, the impact of it leaving her shaking and weak as he took a step away from her. Her mind instantly coming to a bad assumption, he was rejecting her like all the others had, maybe now he would hurt her too just like they had done, all of them, every single one. In that one moment where surprise overwhelmed Talesin forcing him to move to keep himself upright, an attempt that ultimately failed and left him on his rump, Gemma's entire world imploded and collapsed into a million shattered shards, sharp like glass and broken rock. The woman's ears dropped, her shoulders slumped and her tail curled upwards between her legs, all in all the complete picture of devastation, from one moment of surprise.

She couldn't help the shivers anymore than she could help the distressed whine, a tortured sound, from leaving her throat. His laughter may have not been cruel or malevolent but it did have a profound effect upon Gemma, who hunkered down even more, misery apparent in every movement and twitch. She had no response for his words, names were names, they didn't really mean much to her. It was entirely too visible just how much she had suffered, all the pain she had felt, the rejection lavished upon her, how much Lucifer had destroyed her mentally and emotionally. Her strength evaporated and she quickly found herself on her knees staring at the green green grass, she missed her brother's eyes, and totally missed the warmth in his voice, her vision was a kaleidoscope of feeling, emotion, crushed hopes, her voice whisper frail and heart broken

color=blue]"If you want I'll go far away and you won't have to deal with me then, I swear, I won't shame you."[/color]

Messages In This Thread