Twist of Fate
Amy laughed cruelly at Shadowfang's words. She was no longer pregnant, and in her strongest form for fighting. Shadowfang might be an expert assassin, and one of the best out there, but Amy would make sure that he died with them if he dared to do such a thing. If she died to let her pups live, her killer would be coming with her. She didn't trust him, either. Amy simply acknowledged that he was useful, and allowed him to remain. If he ever turned out as a threat, Amy would attack without thought, and feel nothing when she killed him.

Feeling rather protective of the pups now, distrust of his presence stirred, she watched him warily as he spoke. His promise of help was appreciated, but Amy was no longer sure that things were as straight forward as he painted it. Someday they would be on opposite sides of a battle field, and Amy wanted to be prepared for when that happened. When the time came and she was no longer there for her pups, they would be ready. His story seemed pointless to her. He'd embraced his weak mother, when he would clearly have done better following his father. Amy saw no strength in love, and quickly shook her head at his words. I don't love them. I fight for them because they are the continuation of the Sunders family. Through them I will live even after I die.

Messages In This Thread