Twist of Fate
Alternate Universe. Amy's litter with Angel has survived. There's Lilith, who looks like a golden coyote. Arianne, frame of a coyote with floppy dog ears, brown coat, sandy muzzle and black paws. Pure black Douglas, looks like a dog. Gabriel, coyote ears and a feathered tail, dark brown coat with golden splashes.

Amy was nestled in secui form in the back of her wagon. Her four small bundles of fur tumbled around, fighting for the best position. She didn't interfere, already beginning to foster the competitive spirit that her family held. There would be no helping them. Everything they gained in life would be earned by them, and them alone. Even if Amy allowed them to travel with her and help with the trade, Amy expected them to find their own tasks, or be considered little more than employees. Never slaves, as the Sunders name was too proud to suffer such a disgrace. They would never be treated as family until they earned their place though.

Douglas had managed to squash his two sisters, keeping them from the favorite teat. Gabriel had taken advantage of Douglas' distraction however, and had managed to get to it before his larger brother. A gentle laugh ran through Amy. She loved them, she did. Amy would never say such a thing, but they were her flesh and blood, and so precious to her. Leaning down she licked Gabriel's head tenderly, heaping all the praise she could onto the pup, still too young to understand words. The rest of the pups soon had their own teats, and each one was lavishly bathed. Sighing with contentment Amy relaxed into the furs.
[html]
OOC text | WC :: +000

Such happiness and carefree attitude it was hard to think that it was coming from Amy of people. Shadow watched from a perch in a near by tree and like he had done so long ago he rolled off it and landed a few feet from the wagon. Silently he walked up and gently he spoke words very much like the ones on that day many moons ago. Shadow keep you, and yours."Shadow smiled as he peaked over the top of the wagons back door knowing that Amy was too busy with her pups and he nodded to her as he looked to them and before she had a chance he could have sworn he had seen a smile and before that a laugh from the new mother. Shadow had changed the words from last time seeing Amy to mean that Not only she was to be guarded and protected by him but her pups were now in his eyes something to be guarded. Even if Amy were to yell at him and tell him that he wasn't welcome to help with the protection of the pups he would still be near watching like a silent, dark angel guardian of the night. No one would know he was there but he would always watching from the shadows.

Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!' Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'
template by revo. <3

[/html]
A gentle voice had the mother standing up, hackles raised. Always looking monstrous in secui form, feeling threatened Amy looked like something out of a nightmare. It took her a moment to register the wolf as Shadowfang. The pups cried below her, upset at losing the food and their mother's warmth. Immediately Amy nudged them away and settled back down so they could clamber back over. This time Lilith was quick enough to secure it, bringing a small smile to Amy's face. She quickly distinguished it, not wanting to show her care for the pups to any outsiders that might use it as a weakness to exploit her.

His words of protection washed through, and Amy nodded with approval. You can come in. There would be no warm words of welcome or gratitude from the harsh female. Her need to protect her pups was stronger than that. To drop her guard for a moment could completely destroy the delicate balance Amy held between the sanctity of her home and the cruel life she lived outside of it. Since meeting Shadowfang that cruelness had slipped away piece by piece, rearing it's ugly head less. A lifetime of hate was hard to break though. Lilith, Douglas, Gabriel, and Arianne are their names. She didn't point out which was which, unwilling to give out anything else.
[html]

Shadow waited for the okay and then he nodded and said nothing more as he made his way in but stayed back so as to not anger the new mom. He watched the pups and a smile filled his face as he looked to them. Although she had done her best to stay cold and uncaring he knew without a doubt that there had always been a heart there within Amy and he was happy about that. He sat back against the side of the Wagon as he looked to the pups and to Amy and said nothing, he knew words were not needed at a time like this just the sound of the little pups suckling and trying to beat one another to there food was sound enough for anyone. Shadow sighed and looked forward unable to keep his mouth shut he had to say something, ask something. "There beautiful, healthy pups, congrats." Shadow was going to leave it at that but then he had another question on his mind and without looking at Amy he asked it

"How have you been holding up?"

It was a simple question and yet there were many answers to it. He would let Amy answer it how she wished and if she gave him nothing then he would be fine with that.

Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!' Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'
template by revo. <3

[/html]
After a few moments of silence the pups settled down, done eating. Nestled into her gigantic body their eyes began to droop closed. Amy wanted to change, take on her more regular optime form, pretend to be civilized when dealing with the assassin. That wasn't possible without disturbing her pups though. Amy allowed the indignity of being talked to while she was little more than a beast for her children. Amy was glad shifting into lupus wasn't necessary for this. It was a weak form, one she didn't care for. Secui was much better for protecting and caring for them. Once they got old enough Amy would resume her optime form and her dignified life of clothing.

Amy met Shadowfang's eyes, sharply looking for something to reveal that he was saying less than that, some proof that there was a hidden motive. As always, he seemed sincere in his words. It was puzzling, the honesty inside him. Amy herself was honest about her trade, but outside of that she saw no reason why not to speak to people however one wished. If compliments were beneficial, lies or not they would be handed out. Shadowfang had nothing to gain through the flattery however, leaving her puzzled. Pushing the matter aside she returned her gaze to the pups. It's difficult, on my own. Raoth can't be trusted to return. I have to get food on my own. I'm lucky Raoth won't harm the children.
[html]
OOC: Sorry it's short! | WC :: +000

Shadow listened closely to what Amy had to say and then without having to think a out it much he nodded and figured he would offer. I can get you what food and supplies you may want since I'm here in the area already. And this is not a trade. I'm offering and i wont be taking any kind of payment from you, of any kind." Shadow sat there and said nothing as he waited for her reply to his offer. He truly considered her a friend regardless of what her attitude or ways of thinking may be. He made a secret promise to himself that whenever he was near by he would help and protect her, and that included her new pups. Her family was his family even if it be not by blood. Blood was nothing if only an excuse for those that didn't want to be part of a family. Shadow didn't need the blood to belong, only the want and drive to.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
Amy narrowed her eyes suspiciously at the offer. There was no such thing as free in her world. Letting him get the supplies would be a wonderful break for her, allowing her to eat without worry running through her. It did make sense, since he was here anyways. For someone as powerful as him to do such a thing and expect nothing in return was unusual. Weaklings did such a thing frequently, bending to her will without much effort. She knew Shadowfang was stronger than that however. Amy had to question what kind of favor would be asked of her in exchange for this.

Douglas spilled out from the pups, wandering over to where the assassin stood. His eyes had just opened recently, a brilliant blue shining through. He nuzzled at Shadowfang's foot. Amy's ability to mask her emotions came in handy here, keeping the worry from showing through. Why would you do that? Someone such as you doesn't need anything from me. The rest of the pups worked toward Douglas, seeking out their large brother.
[html]

Shadow listened to Amy speak and then he felt a sniffing of his food from one of the pups and a smile went to his face as he looked it over. He looked to Amy before he would make any kind of action to pet or touch the little guy, he did however cue and talk gently to the pup as a father would do a son giving assurance and promises of happiness in the future and silently to the pup and to Amy he said again a promise of protection from those that would hard such a beautiful litter and there mother. Of course i want nothing in return. I can give selflessly. It matters not to me as long as i am helping. If you can't get the idea of not giving me something in return then i welcome you to come up with ideas and I'll think over it and maybe choose one from the list."

Shadow went back to speaking in soft tongues to the pups and he gently took a finger and touched the cheek of one only to have it try and suckle and bite it and he chuckled gently feeling the pure, innocent natures of the pup even though they came from someone who would say she had no heart.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
Shadowfang looked to Amy for assurance that what the pups was doing was alright with her. It wasn't really. She thought they were too young to be wandering around like that, messing with strangers. Amy wanted to wrangle them all back into her arms and tell the assassin to get out and stay away. He was valuable to her however, and she needed him to want to stay close, to be willing to deal with her. Nonchalantly she watched him crouch down, cooing nonsense to Douglas. Gabriel pushed forward eagerly, Arianne trailing behind. Amy couldn't help but smile at the gentle picture it made. With Shadow's dark fur he could almost be mistaken as their father, with his gentle manners and touch.

Amy bristled again as Shadowfang spoke. His words were gentle, but it made Amy feel very stupid for not realizing that she should have just taken advantage of the offer. Grunting she shook her head. Amy was wiling to take something freely offered, if not willing to acknowledge that it was for selfless reasons. The assassin reached out, gently stroking Arianne's cheek, only to have her decide that there was milk there. Gently Amy reached over, taking the hungry pup back to nurse some more. Apologetically she met Shadowfang's eyes. They'll be better mannered when they're older.
[html]

Shadow smiled as the remaining pups came to him and whined and made other cute noises as if to get his attention. He pet another and then another until all had felt his gentle, calming touch. He smiled and looked to Amy still smiling as he slowly made them find there way back to there mom and once they did they started to feed again and he just watched while Amy was in her Secui form. He had never seen her in this form but it suited her still. She was still a pretty sight to him and she would make a great mother. He thought about her past and how she acted and knew that it would be wise for him to hangout sometimes to just keep Amy calm and kind. It was a funny thought, Shadow being the one thing that could get Amy to open up a little or even make her cry for that matter. He was special to her, he was sure and he would remain a close friend to Amy and "Uncle" to the pup's for as long as they needed him. He was the unofficial guardian of this family and he was happy with the title and how it all worked out. Shadow heard what she said about the pups and he shook his head gently as he spoke again, still calm and sweet.

There pups...they can afford to be silly and carefree for a time yet. My Father started with me, when i was not even a year old, maybe 6 months old. Yeah, they have some time to be cute, sooner than you think they will be a handful and you'll need me around to help out i think."

The Last thing Shadow said was more or less a joke but there was some seriousness to it. He meant to be there to help for as long as he was allowed. The moment Amy wanted him gone he would leave but until then he would help in any way he could.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
It was hard to believe that the four bundles of fur were all hers. There was no one else to claim them, no father in the picture, no pillar of strength for her to hold onto. There was just her, and her alone. Amy couldn't imagine how her parents had dealt with five of them. Well, there had really only been three by the time they were able to shift. Amy didn't like to dwell on that though. The thoughts were far too frightening, bringing up buried feelings that she did her best to keep submerged and out of sight. The rest of the pups each had their turn with the assassin. Watching the killer's gentle touch was amusing to Amy. It seemed ridiculous, knowing that the wolf who could kill without a thought had such a soft gentle side to him. When the pups were weaned she would want a battle with him, just to see the difference, to fight and prove that she was still one of the best.

They tumbled back to her mother, who did her best to ignore them and pretend she wasn't relieved that they were bundled back into her body, pressing against her fur where she could protect and look out for them. The assassin's words had her gently shaking her head. This isn't a world so sweet they can afford such a thing. I won't leave them unprepared. That was the closest she'd ever come to admitting her care, Amy's fierce need to keep them trained and ready to face the cruelty out there. His offer of help had Amy looking up suspiciously. You would spoil them. Amy didn't need that. She needed someone to help her be firm, to train them to kill without feeling. At the same time she wished he would, giving the warmth she couldn't afford.
[html]

Shadow listened to her and he frowned and looked her in the eye. An assassin that can master both heartlessness and love can fit into any situation....You can't deny that with the way i am, i could get you to trust me and at this moment while you are with pups i could have attacked and killed you all.

He paused and then continued

I'm not saying i would raise them, i wouldn't mind but i could be there to help with the training and to look after all of you while you are training. I can't be the father but i can still help when you need it." She had hit a soft spot that she had never hit before. It was something he didn't know he had. His father had almost killed him, but it was thanks to his mother that he leaned what kindness could feel like and what love was like. He was convinced that the memory of his mother kept him going and kept him from being a murderous monster without emotion or care. He thought and he knew he had to tell his story.

My mother....she had been there for so little time, she was kind to me while my father molded me into a perfect killer. She always told me to love and to be happy and so learn what my father had to teach me but not let it make me a monster. I didn't know what she meant at the time but i do now. My mother wanted me to remember kindness and weakness for there is a strength within it even if it may not seem like it. I know you care for the pups, if they were in danger you would be driven to move faster and hit harder in order to save them. That is the Strength within love.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
Amy laughed cruelly at Shadowfang's words. She was no longer pregnant, and in her strongest form for fighting. Shadowfang might be an expert assassin, and one of the best out there, but Amy would make sure that he died with them if he dared to do such a thing. If she died to let her pups live, her killer would be coming with her. She didn't trust him, either. Amy simply acknowledged that he was useful, and allowed him to remain. If he ever turned out as a threat, Amy would attack without thought, and feel nothing when she killed him.

Feeling rather protective of the pups now, distrust of his presence stirred, she watched him warily as he spoke. His promise of help was appreciated, but Amy was no longer sure that things were as straight forward as he painted it. Someday they would be on opposite sides of a battle field, and Amy wanted to be prepared for when that happened. When the time came and she was no longer there for her pups, they would be ready. His story seemed pointless to her. He'd embraced his weak mother, when he would clearly have done better following his father. Amy saw no strength in love, and quickly shook her head at his words. I don't love them. I fight for them because they are the continuation of the Sunders family. Through them I will live even after I die.
[html]

He listened to her words and smiled baring his teeth at her and he went ahead and said it knowing that if kindness wasn't enough to get to her and make her open up then he knew there was only one other way and he knew deep in his heart that she wanted what he was about to suggest for a long time, Since when they first met. Your not as good as you think. I've seem the smiles and love in your eyes, the caring nature, you have tried so hard to hide the fact that your heart still beats that you work on emptying your face of emotion when ever i or anyone comes around. There is an old saying Amy, The only way to truly know someone is to fight them." He hopped out the other end of the wagon doing a roll to to land on his feet and he took his sword from his sheath, spun it and then stabbed it perfectly into the ground to it was straight and balanced. He moved to the side of the wagon Amy was on and he walked 10 paces away from the wagon and turned putting of his hand and lowered his head. He closed his eyes and spoke lightly a prayer of battle, one that assassins would use usually before a mission.

" When my blood spills and my heart stop, know that my soul will forever go on in the hearts and nightmares of the fallen." Shadow opened his eyes and then waited for Amy no smile on his face, it was time for her and him to truly get to know one another and for an assassin this gesture, and action was almost intimate. it was the most effective means of getting to know another.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
Chills ran through the dog's body as Shadowfang dismissed her darkest secrets as if they were nothing. Such emotions were weakness. Through them Amy could be manipulated, forced into doing things she had no wish for. The assassin held such a weapon against her now, revealing that he knew, and was willing to use it. His words about fighting left no hesitation in Amy. Always, since she'd felt his gaze on her, Amy had wanted to fight him, to find out who was best. This wasn't a battle to the death, no, it was simply a challenge. Taking a pelt Amy gently tugged it over the pups. They whimpered softly, bereft of their mother's warmth, but this battle meant more to her than that.

Amy didn't waste time on showy movements, conserving her energy for the battle. So much of this would be simply waiting, watching for a crack in the opponent's defense for the first strike. A battle of such a level was started even before they would touch each other. Not leaving any part of herself exposed Amy came out of the wagon. In the light of the sun her golden fur shone. She looked more like a lion than a dog, every part of her thick and muscular. Her fangs were long and sharp, perfect for slicing through his flesh. His eyes closed, and Amy swiftly moved to the other side, with the speed of a true assassin. A normal canine wouldn't have even seen the movement, a single blink causing them to miss it. Muscles rippling she waited for the attack.
[html]

He watched her actions closely not blinking once and when she started to move he ran the same direction mirroring her movements and then before they knew it the gap was closed and to off set her forward momentum Shadow spin and did a sweep with a kick for her feet to trip her and he kept the spin going as he threw out and open handed paw, aimed at her mid section to strike her and push her back. He Knew this was a fight more then just about skill but beliefs and about heart. It was a proving, between a Assassin fighting with heart and feelings compared to one fighting with no emotion and a heart of stone. Fighting to protect something is as meaningful as fighting for results! He threw out emotions and ideals as they fought and since it was a battle of skill and beliefs and threw her weakness at her.

Admit it! you love those pups! They are more than tools to you, to further your goals they are your blood, and it flows within them!. After throwing his attack and his words he moved again thinking ahead and opening the gap between them so he could work on another means of breaking her defense and protecting himself at the same time.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
Shadowfang darted off, reaching Amy's side. He was just as quick as she was, just as trained. It was a clash of light and dark, bouncing off each other ferociously. The assassin struggled with her momentum, fighting to cut it off. A sweeping quick struck forward, trying to knock her off balance. Being on four legs made that much more difficult to achieve with Amy, and the secui dog easily stepped through the kick as if it hadn't even been thrown, moving with apparently as little effort as it took to breathe. They kept moving, Amy's teeth bared for a strike. There were no openings yet, but when there were Amy would take it without mercy.

The foolish dark wolf talked as he fought, doing his best to persuade her that fighting for the sake of protecting something was stronger than simply fighting for results. It was the results Amy cared about. She cared if at the end of the fight she was the victor, and whether or not what she wanted was achieved. A paw struck out towards her, even easier to dodge than the sweep as she switched to his other side. Amy growled as he talked about her loving the pups, thinking of them as more than a continuation of her line. Fangs bared she lunged for his thigh, ready to tear a giant chunk out.
Shadow watched closely and he knew will the limitations of the secui form and he would now exploit it. Shadow kicked low for her legs as she was going in for her attack and he growled as he readied bundled. Amy would have to jump to avoided or be tripped and put into a weak position rather then spin this time he kept straight and he jumped up moving with her and as she was in the air unable to maneuver and he brought his hands together and slammed them both down toward the back of her head and with that momentum he did a flip and out his led out attempting to strike down again with the back of his leg .

When landing this would leave him laying on his back on the ground of which would be Amys opening and he knew she was waiting for one. He was prepared to do something that a person fighting with his heart would do. He knew Amy would see it as foolish be he was willing to do it . For the sake of teaching her the strength of ones love.
The assassin kicked for Amy's legs again. It only brought the beast rearing up, jaws still snapping at flesh. She only managed to tear part of it off before she was sliding down, Shadowfang jumping up, causing her fangs to dip out as they dragged into the calf. Her head was painfully slammed into, sending her snarling as she tried to fight. It hurt a lot, but she had drawn first blood. Coming back down Amy pushed back, clearing some distance between them. She needed to calculate again.

Shadowfang flipped forwards, attempting to strike her with his leg. It was a foolish, open ended maneuver. Amy smiled as she saw it, noting the weakness that she knew was inherent in his fighting style. There could be no other way. He wasn't distanced from the fight, calculating as she was. He came back down, and even before he hit the ground Amy was there, seizing his leg in her jaw and tossing him like a rag doll. The monstrous female bounded over the land towards where she'd hurled the assassin, searching for how he'd deal with the fresh injuries, making it difficult to work with a damaged foot.
[html]

Shadow's face went blank as he slowly stood with arms laying at his sides and his head was down he slowly looked up and tried to take a step but he limped and growled showing pain in the movement and then when he took another step he fell forward and landed on his hands and knees with head looking to the ground and eyes closed, if there was ever to be a time to attack now would be it for Amy. As she sit there breathing hard while on his hands and knees he closed his eyes and tried to steady his heart and mind, however his body and expression told that he was not having an easy time with the wound Amy gave him. Your pups, need a mothers love, as well as discipline. You know what i speak is true...don't you dare deny that you don't love them. As shadow stay there pain in voice and looks he was actually waiting for her to get closer. When she closed in he quickly jumped forward not being hindered by the wound and he got his arms around her neck in a head lock and he looked her in the eyes and spoke lightly but while not loosening his grip so she couldn't get away.

Right her....this is the strength of love. No assassin with heart would be willing to take a wound on purpose and let it weaken there ability to fight in order to get the upper hand on there enemy. I am willing to die and be wounded for what i believe it and for how i feel. You would die for those pups and you would live through them but no pup should be without love or family.

Shadow leaned down while holding her and he nuzzled her neck and licked her ear lightly as he spoke into her ear.

I would die for you, and for your pups without a second of thought.

After those words and gentle touches he let his arms go and he just watched her waiting for an attack or perhaps waiting for her to realize that she wasn't the monster she thought she was.

template by revo. <3

[/html]