i drove for miles and miles and somehow want more
His gaze turned to the approaching leader. While her posture seemed at ease, relaxed, his body still folded naturally into a implied submissive stature. His tail drooped slightly, his ears flicking back, his eyes more downcast than upturned. His shoulders hunched slightly, making him seem somewhat smaller smaller. If one wasn't looking for these subtle cues, they would be missed entirely. "Afternoon, lady Skye. I'm doing fine, as are Sky and the pups."

Sheba twined around his ankles, 'mrowing' softly. Tal glanced down at her, surprised to realize she was there. He still wasn't used to the feline who had attached herself to him like a shadow.

A shadow. The phrase reminded him of why he had called for the leader. "Well, actually, Skye, I had something I needed to confess." He shifted his weight, feeling suddenly anxious. His tail lowered more, hanging as if he were a chastised omega. His ears swiveled back and stayed back in submission and concern. Would she decide Orin was right about him after all?

No way to know, but to speak. "I was at the festival, under the big tent set up for eating. When I stood I bumped into Ayasha, literally. I'm ashamed to admit I didn't press for their whereabouts, what pack they were in, or anything. I..." He glanced away, to his own feet.

"I told her I didn't want to know. I gave her a gift of a crystal I'd traded for, and I told her to take care of herself. I told her I honestly hoped they didn't have any black pups. And worst of all, I told her to take care of Him."

He knew the leader would know the Him to whom he referred. The boys name was taboo to the pale scholar. "I should have told you sooner... I understand if you feel you need to punish me." He'd probably feel less guilty if she had. He hadn't even told his mate of the chance encounter at the festival.

((WC:334))

Messages In This Thread