i drove for miles and miles and somehow want more
His shoulders slumped further in response to her ire; his face turned away from hers. He didn't need to look to see her, he knew her reactions. If they were both in lupus form, he would have exposed his belly to her. Instead, he sank to his knees in front of her, his body folding itself to make him as small as possible in submission. "Capitana, know I would destroy him with my own hands if he came here." Her reminder of Liam's crimes, the spoken name, made him flinch.

His voice was anguished as he spoke in reply. "I can not forget the crimes he visited on our lands, Capitana. I revisit them nightly, in horrific nightmares. I still hear Tameri's screams, and not a day goes by I don't turn to show her something, turn to explain something to her, only to remember she isn't there. I didn't know what to do, Capitana, I didn't know how to react when I looked into Ayasha's eyes and saw the love she has for him. I didn't know how to react to being faced with the reminder that I foolishly pled for his life to be spared, that I didn't scream for his blood along with the pack."

He didn't look up at her, he kept his eyes trained on the ground at her feet. If she chose to punish him, he would accept it, but he felt better having had been honest with her.

Messages In This Thread