And from the surf he was born
[html]

Sorry if this is a crap post. ;u; Thanks for replying so quick! ~

Word Count → 337

As he stared out towards the forest, he wondered what kind of things the pack did. He knew they were a group of traders and artists, but he met no one that had particular knowledge of the pack, other than the general fact; not even their name was known to him at that moment. He wondered how their ways worked, what kind of members they were. He had met many kinds of people in this world, but the ocean’s horizon was endless, and Monahan knew he touched the surface of the various cultures and lifestyles that laid down deep. That fact and quiet curiosity was what driven him to step out of the nest of his parents’ care and into the world, in a small sense. Lost in thought, he was thinking of the short time in Barbados, staring into the rolling water when she came.

The young man jerked upwards as detected the fresh scent of a pack member, which was almost hidden by the strong salty breeze, but nonetheless there. Now on his feet, it was easy to see the female that came to answer his call, a pale woman who similar locks like his. “Aye!” the boy yelled to signal that he heard her, as well as a moment of waving a freckled arm. “My name is Arthur Monahan, and I am wonderin’ if I can ask an honor from your pack! Mind if I dock so that we can talk, ya know, more formally?”

He was sure that the older girl must have been shocked to him floating about her borders, despite not seeing her face to judge her reaction to his awkward appearance. He would be surprised if he was in her position, so he was trying to be as familiar as possible with his actions in this foreign situation. Arthur hoped that the woman would not turn him away; he did not want to return home, nor did he want to live alone in the unfamiliar territory of the east.

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.arthur-rowboat { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/4GXRM.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#9da1a2; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 300px 0px; color:#445154; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.arthur-rowboat b {color:#c1d5e3; }
.arthur-rowboat p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.arthur-rowboat p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.arthur-rowboat .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.arthur-rowboat .wordcount {color:#c1d5e3; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #66737c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread