And from the surf he was born
[html]

<3

Word Count → 348

“And I as well,” he replied, letting out an inaudible sigh of relief that it seemed all was smooth sailing from there. He blinked as he came to realize that she was the leader herself, and could not help but to mentally slap himself, though his polite smile stayed upon his face. “Ah, then miss Skye Collins, it is an even greater pleasure to meet you.” With that, he gave a small bow to the woman, and quickly pulled himself back up. He then became a little shy, hoping he was not over doing things. Back where they lived, his parents were expected to be extremely kind, for only then good relationships would blossom. Though he was acting the same, Arthur could not help but feel he was being a little too zealous.

“I see, a boat?” he repeated to himself in a hushed tone, wondering what kind of vessel it could be. He saw a good amount of sea-worthy contraptions, and wondered if their craft was something he had never seen before. Before his the seadog part of him could wonder too far, Monahan was brought back to the present, and listened attentively to Skye’s words. “Not to be braggin’, but I’d like to think I’m a good storyteller, whether it be through singin’ or just simple talkin’. I can also read, not so much of the writin’ though… And, like you said, I’m experienced with anything sea-farinin’, and not too shabby a fisher.

A passerby that stayed at my parent’s and I’s home told us about this pack… Not much to lead on, though, just sayin’ that your purpose was for tradin’ and the arts…” He trailed off, and again became shy as he spoke, “And, to be honest, I wanted to join when I was a younger lad, full of ideas of adventures and faraway lands and whatnot. Now that I am old enough, my parents allow me to come, though they decided to stay behind.” Bless their souls, he thought, wondering how they were doing so far now that their youngest son had left.

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.arthur-rowboat { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/4GXRM.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#9da1a2; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 300px 0px; color:#445154; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.arthur-rowboat b {color:#c1d5e3; }
.arthur-rowboat p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.arthur-rowboat p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.arthur-rowboat .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.arthur-rowboat .wordcount {color:#c1d5e3; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #66737c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread