M-I Was Lost, Now I'm Broken
She had returned from the festival with a satchel of herbs and a haunting memory of a green eyed woman seen from a distance. Whether or not it had been Willow, she couldn't say and didn't dare hope. She was in her secui form since she had been gathering juniper berries and adding them to her satchel. She often assumed the secui form now for traveling. The scent of her gathered packmates made her pause, but the scent of blood was hot and tangy in the air. Had someone been hurt? She didn't pause to shift down or up, just joined the rough circle surrounding the injured canine. She dipped her head in respect to Zalen, her eyes trained on the bloody covered canine. Her mind was already working, watching the injured female breathe, gauging her reactions to the others.

The words of Augustus claimed her attention for a moment, and she hesitated, then remembered her position as Delta, a healer. Her posture assumed a calming stance, one to sooth and relax both her packmates and the injured female, Terra. She glanced at the Alpha, her voice respectful but strong. "Zalen, the wounds look serious. She needs treatment before being sent away. Otherwise she will die, and her death will be a stain on our pack name. May I?" She didn't want to proceed without permission from the leader, although she knew in the back of her mind she was trying to atone for turning away a weak and injured Jefferson so many years ago, and she would treat Terra with or without permission, even if it meant a demotion.

She returned her gaze to Terra, already trying to nose her way to the injured female in the den. The secui form was good for travel, yes, but not so great for agility. She would need to shift once given permission to proceed. She was running though her mental list again, noting the open wounds, the stiff dried blood, the way she was acting. Alarm filled her and she spoke quickly, her voice soft and urgent. "We need to get her out of there, and we need to restrain her somehow so I can take care of her."

((WC:368))

Messages In This Thread