no one can hurt us now
Everything had the girl feeling faint, maybe she was tired. Maybe she was sick. Either way, Selene's head was swimming. Gently, she was picked up by strong arms, not even bothering to struggle from them. She looked up to see Hadley's face, that face she had so loved to touch and kiss, the one that belonged to someone she couldn't reach. She couldn't remember why she had the chance to act upset about everything, but there was definitely a gap. A place she couldn't fill however much she tried. 

There was movement, he was running while holding her in his arms, it was frightening but the young woman didn't cry out, looking wonderingly over the side. Now she felt young. Feeble, and helpless. "Hadley..." Sel could smell the sulfurous pools now, feel the slight change in temperature around the cold air. Lifting her head, red eyes glanced tiredly around the areas, seeing the inviting pools spread around. "I'm sorry...I've done nothing good for your life..." 

Her stories were now meaningless, telling more would simply ruin everything. A hand reached to touch the side of his face, regretting how she had left the room to get away from what was hurting her most. It was hard to say where her life was going, if Hadley would be invoked or not, but who would want her? Who would like her to stick around? 

Letting herself down, shaking quietly on shaky legs, Selene dropped her cloak to the ground and waded into the water. It was warm as it had ever been, she sighed quietly as it seeped into soft brown fur. "You coming in?" Selene needed time, time to think and time to let herself wonder if what she was doing was truly stupid. "I shouldn't--Shouldn't...Get too...Attached...Hurts." 

Messages In This Thread