no one can hurt us now
Im probably as much in love with the idea of Hadley as Sel XD...She's so hopeless, I hope it isn't too too too long until she can actually have him :3

Selene heard the sincerity of the mottled man's words, how he had became free for her. Why her? She was never special, or precious. Selene was as good as mediocre near her peers. Smiling softly, she let herself move closer in the water. "You-You did that for me? I'm not important..." Out of everyone she had met, she was probably the most worthless, if not here Sel wouldn't be noticed as gone. But hearing something like that, it truly was a shock. Especially from Hadley. "That's...So very thoughtful of you..." Feeling helplessly stupid, the petite coydog brought herself into his muscular arms, resting the side of her muzzle on his broad chest. It was far too trusting, there was caution to be taken. She could be hurt this way. 

Sitting for a few moments in silence, letting the hot liquid pool around her body, Sel nuzzled at his neck gently. She just couldn't help herself, couldn't stay away from him. Even if she tried so hard to prevent herself from trusting too much. "I have to tell you something..." Taking a deep breath, Sel looked away, averting her eyes to the surrounding trees. "Hadley...I know this is going to sound crazy- stupid even...Really really stupid...But I-I want to be with you...I a-adore you. You're kind and thoughtful, and everything that I think is perfect..." This was the hardest part, the portion of her speech that had her shaking fearfully for what was to come. "But I'm so afraid of being hurt...I'm not good enough for anyone... I guess I'm easily deposed of." Turning back, Selene found his eyes and tried to speak the best he could. "That's why I don't expect you to tell me that you care...No one would think to care." 

That was it. The deepest most sincere words from her soul, so complicated and so mindless. There was a strong feeling of insecurity, knowing that he would turn her away. Look embarrassed and never reply like he did. She could run. She could escape, for this was the hardest part of her life. Much more painful than the rapes, falling on a sharp stump. Any torture in the world couldn't be worse than this. "I'm so sorry...I best be leaving my thoughts to myself-They don't mean anything..." Softly, burying her head in his chest, the young hybrid tried her absolute hardest to suppress whatever small sobs wanted to ruin the day. 

Messages In This Thread