[M] Back off I'll take you on, headstrong
[html]

OOC:: Sounds good to me. I was thinking it'd be intersting if Ciara was injured by the cougar in the midst of their killing it, not fatally, but enough that Deuce will have to heal her. WC: 861

In Character

Ciara was on edge, moving around the clearing in an opposite circle than Augustus. She figured if he took one route and she took the other, they would have a far better chance of catching wind of the cougar. She found a few more tufts of fur, followed by splotches of the cat’s blood over in a corner of the clearing, where the trees met with the open grass. Claw marks marred one of the trees, and she pushed herself up on her hind legs, steadying herself with one large paw on the tree. Her other paw curled to her chest, and she sniffed carefully at the marks. The cat had spent some time up that tree before heading off, and it seemed as though the beast had gone south.

Ciara jumped back down and moved away from the tree, returning to the Epsilon in a readied crouch. She had come back to him just as the male had begun to focus on Shadowfang, the insolent subordinate whom she’d considered kind and respectful at first. That image had been shot when Shadow had disrespected and insulted Augustus with his improper actions. Ciara felt as though the ebony male could have at least seen how she had folded herself into a submissive posture at the Epsilon’s arrival. Even if he did not fully understand pack hierarchy, he should have known that he and Ciara shared the same low ranking, and should have followed suit. Would have, could have, and should have. Ciara’s fur bristled in anger at the thought of his insubordination.

When the Epsilon’s eyes flashed at Ciara during his angry speech, the female lowered her own respectfully. One ear twitched before they both folded to the side. She didn’t flatten them completely back because she knew that he was not angry at her. “He treated you so disrespectfully, Augustus,” she said, allowing another soft growl to leave her throat. “I would have disciplined him myself if it were me in your place, but you’re right – it was not the appropriate time. When we return, and you rightfully show the man his place, you will have my full support.” A grim smile formed on the subordinate’s muzzle then. She didn’t want any harm to come to her new brother, but he needed to learn his place, to learn the hierarchy of his pack. All of the others respected it, and Shadowfang would have to learn as well.

His question came to her, and she pondered it quietly for a moment or two. The girl was not one to speak without considering her words first. “I would have forced her to move out of the territory first,” she began, her voice tight. “It was not right for her to bring her troubles to our land. The most dire thing was her trespassing, she was close enough to the borders that I could have moved her there myself. Then, I would have called for Deuce to heal her before sending her on her way.” The mottled female’s words were stern, and her mind was made up. There was no insecurity in the decision of what she would have done. The coyote, first and foremost, should not have trespassed, and she would have taken care of that first. She wouldn’t have left the being to die, though.

At his mention of the cougar, Ciara’s earth-toned eyes widened. It was injured, which meant fate could be in their favour. She glanced around carefully, nodding at the Epsilon’s words. The beast would be theirs. She could visualize going into battle with the feline, darting in and out to avoid the beast’s claws. “It will be guarding its injuries, but with two of us against it, the cat can’t keep us from them for long. She will be weak, as well as outnumbered.” A deadly smile broke out on the female’s muzzle, and she lifted her head high. “She will be ours.”

When Augustus finished speaking; Ciara stood and moved over to him. Her Epsilon had switched from talking of the cougar, to Terra, to Shadowfang and back to the cougar. He was bristling with anger, and even though he wanted to focus on the cougar, Ciara knew that his mind was clouded with thoughts of the offending pack mate. She wanted to soothe that anger, and give him strength by subtly confirming his role in their endeavour. When she reached him, she crouched low as Augustus himself was crouched, and moved beneath his chin. Her nose rubbed the spot before she drew a small length of her body beneath it, stopping when his chin rested over the center of her back. It was a show of affection and respect, and the female hoped that it would calm him. Her ears had folded back respectfully and she turned her head to lick once at the pale fur on the male’s shoulder.

“Let’s find the beast and finish it, Epsilon,” she said softly, her voice clearly displaying that she would wait for his command. When he pressed his chin down on her back in that most subtle form of dominance, then Ciara would move on with their search.

<style>
.Candacesdb-c01 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.Candacesdb-c01 b {color:#ffffff;}
.Candacesdb-c01-b {width:434px; border:1px solid #cceeee; margin:0px auto;-webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.Candacesdb-c01-IC {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#cceeee; text-shadow:#999999 0px 0px 5px; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:16px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; padding:0px 25px;}
.Candacesdb-c01-ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.Candacesdb-c01 {background-color:#e1eff5;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/JByOd.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #aabbcc; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#aabbcc; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:432px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 410px 0px; -webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread