Presents
[html]

WC: 335

At first, the feast had turned into a frenzy and both canines worked off of instinct. Even though Hotaru had submitted to Terra, her growl had been retaliated by the smashing of teeth. The blind wolf lowered herself a little and her ears flicked back in submission. Once the pecking order had been affirmed Hotaru returned back to eating. Her wild mind was focused on filling her stomach as quickly and efficiently as possible. About halfway through their meal, Terra had backed off and allowed the grey female to grab the last of the best meat. The blind female wasted no time in taking the final bits of good meat. Those sections were high in protein and would sustain Hotaru for a long time. With her recent hunting failures, she would need the extra calories.

Once the meal was finished both canines lounged in the shade and enjoyed the slow digestion process. Hotaru hadn't felt so full in weeks and she guesses she wouldn't feel that way for several more. A slow nod and an affirmative sound came from the grey female at Terra's words, but after that, she remained silent. Both Hotaru and Fawkes were content with simply resting for an hour or two. It didn't take long for the scavengers to find the moose kill and soon the sounds of crows and vultures filled the air. Hotaru didn't really mind, although Fawkes drove off any that came too close.

Eventually, Hotaru stood and stretched. "What do you say we head back to d'Arte. I am still really curious about the puzzle cube and I would be honored if you taught me how to make one." She paused long enough to hear Terra's reply before turning back to the carcass. Hotaru chased away some of the birds before she grabbed one of the more intact legs and ripped it off the carcass. Once the leg was claimed, Hotaru quickly shifted into her optime form and picked up the meat. Extra food never hurt anyone.

Hotaru

<style>
.huntaru .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.huntaru-header {font-size:25px; text-align:right; padding:10px 20px; font-family:"monotype corsiva", sans-serif; color:#C70303; text-shadow:#4C2D11 0px 0px 5px;}
.huntaru p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.huntaru b {color:#C70303; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.huntaru {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... lice-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:260px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#BE6404; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:left; }
.huntaru-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread