Carving Lessons
Hadley and Claudius are like two peas in a pod Big Grin
[html]
[/html]The dog seemed more fearful than Claudius was. The thought of this, that there was someone out there worse than him, struck Claudius with a sense of cold satisfaction. He had never met anyone like this, so he almost enjoyed it. But the thought was fleeting and he felt a moment of unease knowing that he could take pleasure in someone’s pain. That wasn’t right at all and that was everything he had sworn he wouldn’t do. He was a good wolf; now he just needed to prove it.

The dog picked up the item he had been working on and Claudius took a step closer and craned his neck down to see. It was a bowl – was, not is, or will be – and Claudius reached forward without thinking. Quickly, he snapped his hand back when he realized he was about to touch it. He didn’t want to go around taking or touching other canines’ things without asking. Instead he tried to give the dog an encouraging smile as he studied it.

“Cool,” he crooned. “I-It’s… not done yet…” he added. “Ho-how… are you making… it? I-I’ve… never carved… a bo-o-owl… before…” he explained. He hoped that the dog recognized his curiosity for what it was. He was very interested in seeing how he had made a bowl and Claudius’ mind was already reeling with ideas of ways to make some of his own.[html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread