Carving Lessons
[html]
[/html]As the dog sat down, Claudius untied the knot that held his bag shut and rolled it out. He had a few tools held together to ensure they did not break. Although they were not incredibly delicate, their blades certainly were and Claudius was paranoid that they would dull. He had two chisels: one made of bone and one made of stone as well as a knife made of metal. The fourth item was the bone knife that Dawali had given him, but they would not be using that today. He then reached into his larger satchel and pulled out a smooth stone, his favourite, to use with the chisel.

He held the chisel in his left hand and the stone in his right. He extended his arms out to show the dog what they were, in case he had never seen such tools before.

"Th-thi-is... is a chisel a-a-and... a stone. Yo-you... use the stone to h-i-i-it the top... of the... chisel... and it chips... away pieces... of the wood... Since you alre-e-e-e-ady... had a lot... of the bowl... cut... out, we'd... ju-u-u-st... need... to smoo-ooth it out... with this... I can show you... if you'd like?" [html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread