Carving Lessons
Powerplaying Hadley giving Claudius the bowl, since I think he tried to earlier. XD Let me know if anything needs to be changed! c:

WC: 349
[html]
[/html] The dog nodded his head as Claudius spoke, causing his fur to jump around and twitch every so often. The dog’s motions were quick and precise, as if he couldn’t wait for Claudius to continue and the need to nod was getting in the way. Claudius was proud that this fellow was so interested in what he had to say. He had never experienced this before – being the teacher – and so it was a new, but welcome emotion.

He set down the rock he had been holding in his right hand and then reached forward to take the piece of wood from the dog’s hands. He uncrossed his legs and set the bowl between his feet to secure it. Since he would need both hands to work the chisel and the stone, he would have to use his feet to hold it in place and ensure that he didn’t end up hurting himself. He picked up the stone once more with his right hand and then placed the chisel on the inside of the bowl. He held up the stone and then began to explain what he was doing.

“I have to h-hi-hi-it the chisel… with the stone…” he began, and then demonstrated. He began gently, trying to feel how hard the wood was. It was pliable, but firm. Whatever type of wood it was, it was a good choice. He struck the chisel a few times with more certainty, digging out grooves in the wood. “If I h-ho-ho-old… the chi-i-isel… at different… angles… I can… work and ma-a-a-ake… it smooth,” he explained. He then showed the dog how to do this, angling it differently and leaning over slightly to strike at it with the stone.

He continued the demonstration smoothly out one side of the bowl. When he had gotten about a quarter of the wall of the bowl smoothed down, he stopped and looked to the dog once more.

“W-w-w-ould… you like… to try?” he asked. He extended his arms a little to hold out his tools in case Hadley would like to give it a go. [html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread