Carving Lessons
Powerplaying Hadley giving Claudius the bowl, since I think he tried to earlier. XD Let me know if anything needs to be changed! c:

WC: 348
[html]
[/html] Claudius smiled in encouragement as he handed over the bowl and this tools, adding a nod in there just to be safe. He nodded once more as the bowl was placed between the dog’s feet as Claudius had done and as boy took the tools from Claudius – gingerly, he noticed – and began to carve away at the bowl. The boy was slow to work, but it was good: it meat that he was being careful, since the chisel could easily cut him or the bowl in ways neither of them wanted. Claudius saw a few lumps form, but he waited to see if the boy could figure out how to fix them. Although he was able to smooth out the bowl with more precision than the last time, it wasn’t perfectly smooth. Indeed, they would need a smaller, finer chisel to fix the imperfections. Trying to fix it with the big stone chisel they had now would be difficult. They would also probably want something rough to rub the bowl with, but Claudius didn’t have anything of the sort with him. Until then, they could probably rub down some of the bumps with the large chisel, but they would have to take it slow.

“Tha-ha-a-at looks good,” he said. “See-ee where you ha-a-a-ve… those… bumps? You nee-eed… a smaller… chisel… or a more… precise tool… since this one… is kind of big… when you make things… you need… a lo-o-o-t of tools… since ea-each… has its own… purpose…” he explained. “You m-i-i-i-ight… be able to get that one, there,” he said, pointing to one big lump in the wood, “j-j-just… go slowly and… lightly… where… you need.” Although it would be tough to fix the small bumps in the wood, with a bit of care, sometimes you could do it with a chisel. Unfortunately, for detail, the rock and the chisel could be clunky and difficult to use, so he wouldn’t fault the boy if he couldn’t get it. After all, Claudius often had trouble with that sort of thing and he was by no means an expert.[html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread