Carving Lessons
WC: 302
[html]
[/html] Claudius grinned when the dog perked up. It was always hard to let go of something once you'd ruined it. It felt like such a waste of time and effort, so he was glad to offer a solution. If they could get the sap and the animal fat to the right consistency, it could still make a very nice bowl. He was determined to help the dog and make it right, since he loved making things (even if they weren’t his own).

He nodded quickly when the dog asked if they’d need to drill a hole. They might, but they might not; spruce had a tendency to ooze sap, so if they were lucky, they might be able to scrape some off the bark of the tree. Since it was warming up, it might be possible, but Claudius didn’t know too much about how to go about it, so it might take on a trial-and-error approach.

He gathered his tools and put them back in the pouch. He then rolled it up, tied it closed, and put it back in his satchel. He flipped the cover over and then stood up. He offered his arm out to the dog as he did this. Although he knew the other could easily stand on his own, he wanted to extend his arm in friendship, as comrades of the same trade.

“I-I’m Claudius… C-C-C-Claudius…. Aston… by the way. I d-d-don’t think… I got yuh-yuh-your… na-a-ame? I th-i-i-ink… I was… too… interested in the ca-a-a-rving,” he explained with a laugh. It felt weird to keep referring to the dog as simply ‘dog’ or the ‘boy’ (especially if he was younger!) so he felt it only polite to introduce himself, albeit rather late. He just hoped the other canine hadn’t noticed and would go along with it; Claudius didn’t want to come across as rude, after all! [html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread