Carving Lessons
Thanks for the thread! We made it to 3 pages again... :p
[html]
[/html]Claudius returned Hadley's smile with one of his own. He was happy to have helped and was especially proud to know that he knew enough about his trade to help someone else. He'd been working as an apprentice with no master for so long that it was strange to think that he could do the teaching. When Hadley moved to stand up, Claudius followed suite and did the same. He nodded in reply when Hadley thanked him and then explained that he would give it to Grace. Claudius would have to meet this Grace, since he didn’t think he knew her.

“Y-uh-you’re welcome,” he replied. “Yuh-you kno-ow where I live, so… if you’re ever nearby… please say he-e-e-ello. I-I’d lo-o-ove… to see… how you’ve… progressed o-o-over time. Maybe-e-e-e you’ll have s-s-something to-o show me… next… time.” Claudius smiled broadly once more and then stepped back to allow Hadley to make his exit. It had been a very time-consuming process, so he didn’t want to hold him back if he needed to be somewhere.

He began to kick dirt over the fire and pushed the rocks in to kill the flames. He then bent down to tidy up his tools, carefully replacing them in their protective holdings. [html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread