Exchanges
[html]
[/html]She entertained his concerns with a small smile, making Claudius wonder how much of a diplomat she really was. He couldn’t tell what she was thinking and didn’t know how she would react to his concerns. Appropriately, he was sure, but he wanted to know how she felt. It was so difficult figuring out others’ true emotions and true feelings because deep down, they often didn’t know. Surely, she thought him weak and incapable of any physical labour. He knew that such a view would colour anyone’s perception of him as a leader. He didn’t think he would be able to scare off an intruder at the border if he tried. How could he truly lead a pack when he could barely rule himself?

“Bu-u-ut these a-a-re tasks… of a lead-eader: defe-e-ending th-e borders, gi-i-iving punishme-e-ent… since we do not… have a war… tier… Be-e-eing strong… enough to guide… the tribe… through its difficulties…” He wanted to hear her say it: that he was weak and useless. Now, of all things, he wanted his view to be re-affirmed. He was a self-fulfilling prophecy.

“I-I kno-ow… this place—that’s tru-ue… but you would… honestly… have me as a leader… despite… my flaws?” He realized that his brow was now very tightly knitted and he was frowning in concentration. He tried to pry the truth from Ulilohi’s lips with the force of his frown, but he knew he could not scare a cat into giving him its mouse, so he doubted it would have any effect.[html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread